Snooper caravan club 6450 sat nav   

Snooper caravan club 6450 sat nav

Postby horniwink » Tue May 09, 2023 2:43 pm

I have a Snooper s6450 satnav Ventura version I have been told by the nice folks at snooper the my lifetime map update only covers the the official life time of the unit and as it is now discontinued I cannot up date the maps and I have to fork out another £300 to replace it.
The unit is working fine and as I'm now on a pension I can't justify the extra cost. Someone told me that this unit uses navteq maps,
what I am asking is does someone know of any maps that I can use to update my maps.
Thanks for any help
horniwink offline

Re: Snooper caravan club 6450 sat nav

Postby k1w1_123 » Wed May 10, 2023 1:13 am

I had not heard of Snooper until I read your post but a little research tells me they use a proprietary format for their maps making downloadable updates difficult to find. There is an EU Truck map set here https://www.navitotal.com/other-systems/snooper-truckmate-map-v27-2020-t22156.html with a live download link, and here https://www.navitotal.com/other-systems/snooper-s7000-t20878.html is a discussion about the update process.
Looking at the Snooper website their devices do seem wildly overpriced, you ought to be able to pick up something equivalent using iGO software from AliExpress for a fraction of the money.
k1w1_123 offline

Re: Snooper caravan club 6450 sat nav

Postby horniwink » Wed May 10, 2023 6:57 am

Thanks for the advice, I agree that they are definitely overpriced and I will take your advice. One of the great selling points of snooper was the preloaded Caravan club sites. I have today looked at an Aguri sat nav for motorhome and caravan which seems to have all the benefits of a high end snooper at half the price. I have not found what maps it uses yet. Another very cheap alternative is the Igody truck satnav.
horniwink offline

Return to Maps, buildings, dem, POI