North America 2015 Q1 Question   

North America 2015 Q1 Question

Postby sdkgate13 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:52 pm

Hello,

I have a question.I have seen that the latest release for North America maps here in navitotal forum is Q2 2014.I just visited naviextras.com site and it says that the latest release is 2015 Q1 HERE for North America.If i purchase the new maps directly from naviextras.com could i use them in my cracked igo Primo or iGo8 Software?

Many Thanks
sdkgate13 offline

Re: North America 2015 Q1 Question

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Probably. FYI, you want the HERE map set for NA. Better than TomTom. Would you consider sharing the maps with us? If so, please make an upload of them. Thanks.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sdkgate13 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Hello,

Of course if i consider buying them i will share them with you but i must first ensure that i can use them in a cracked version of iGo Software.If these maps from naviextras.com are designed to work only with legal versions of iGo Software then we cannot use them.If someone here can guarantee that they are going to work directly from naviextras without alterations or extra editing from a programmer then i could buy them.

Many Thanks
sdkgate13 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:10 pm

sdkgate13 wrote:Hello,

Of course if i consider buying them i will share them with you but i must first ensure that i can use them in a cracked version of iGo Software.If these maps from naviextras.com are designed to work only with legal versions of iGo Software then we cannot use them.If someone here can guarantee that they are going to work directly from naviextras without alterations or extra editing from a programmer then i could buy them.

Many Thanks

Thank you for your consideration. AFAIK, maps are NOT modified. It's only the license file that get modified that uses the maps. Could I swear to that? No. Because I've never dealt first-hand with maps before. My only suggestion would be that you take the plunge, buy them and try them. :022:

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby varso » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:14 pm

I do not think you can buy the maps if you do not own an iGo device and the problem is I never saw an iGo device for sale in North America. Maybe there are car nav systems based on iGo but I never saw one. I suspect our best chance to get the maps would be an iGo device owner visiting North America, buying the maps and posting them here. That explains why we do not see map updates anymore for North America.

It is too bad as I find the iGo software the best on the market but it is impossible to buy a device in North America. I might resolve myself to switch to Garmin although I find the product not up to par with iGo in terms of functionality and customization.
varso offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:02 pm

There are NO Igo devices because Igo does not make GPS devices, only software. Igo software is kinda made for most WinCE devices. It uses .fbl maps in content\map and that extension works in all Igo products. The license folder was modified in the "real" programs to accept free content. Maps can be bought but if someone does buy them and does not share their purchase, then we have nothing to offer. In NA, HERE [formerly Navteq] are best in most locations. While Europe uses TeleAtlas which are best. IMHO!

[Please Register or Login to download file]

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby varso » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:13 pm

I went to the Naviextras.com and the first question I was asked was what is your device brand. There was no choice of WinCE or Android devices from the list. So, based on what I understand you meant, one just have to choose a device like the Mio Classic 500 and one can buy the map without connecting a device to the computer?

I find it unlikely as the license needs a device ID in order to generate a unique license key. I own a generic Chinese tablet. I can hardly see how I can pretend its a Mio Classic 500 or any other choice of devices from the list available and be able to buy the map. The software will detect that its not a Mio device when getting the ID.

I do not know how to go around this problem. Once solved, I assume than that one person would need to rent the map for a 1 month period at $19.95US to get a copy of the mapset.
varso offline

Postby mikec73 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:07 am

Actually there are some devices in the US. Some cheap GPS units were made with igo8 and amigo. Recently I have seen some pyle and boss with igo installed. But yea not alot. I have given up waiting for updates. I need latest maps.
mikec73 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:30 pm

You guys are not understanding. Devices use the .fbl maps for Igo and that's what comes down. There may be an odd one now and then and that's why they ask for your device.If one has a Mio [I do] or unnamed Chinese WinCE, they use the same map. When you buy the nav software a license from NNG comes with the purchase that is only for that map set that comes with that purchase. Our license folder has been modified to accept all further content. And although some devices come with Igo software installed, they are not Igo devices. Where I agree with you is that the person who downloads new maps might need a "real" program and not a cracked one from here.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby varso » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Sorry if I am slow but I reread your post few times and still something does not add up in my mind. If the license is linked to the map not the device, what prevents me from copying my map and the license to thousands of devices as long as the license follow that specific map. To me, the license scheme must be linked to a specific device somehow. Your last sentence brings something new. I am not sure if you are implying that the license is not link to a device serial number but to a genuine iGo program. Not a cracked one. Regardless, your last sentence implies that nobody can buy the map anyway if they do not have a genuine iGo software on their Chinese Android device.

I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, I am just trying to understand how this is working. Any intelligent person will want to understand how the validation is performed before providing iGo with data that can identify himself just to be told few seconds later that the software installed on the device is not genuine.
varso offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:24 pm

You are correct and you don't know it. If you try downloading free content with a real program, the content will not work because the license is wrong. Thats why you need a cracked version.

Content comes from folks who share. Make sense?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby varso » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:18 pm

The bottom line is we need content from someone willing to share and being able to get the map from iGo with a valid license for the software.

Just another question. Are the fbl files unique to each license or are they universal and the license is matched to a device and/or software? In other words, is it safe to share the Fbl/poi files?
varso offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:27 pm

varso wrote:The bottom line is we need content from someone willing to share and being able to get the map from iGo with a valid license for the software.

Just another question. Are the fbl files unique to each license or are they universal and the license is matched to a device and/or software? In other words, is it safe to share the Fbl/poi files?

I meant to say this above but I was using my phone and I was in a hurry. YOU ARE NOT A PAIN IN THE BUTT. You're just asking questions.

No. FBL maps are not connected to anyone's individual license. They are connected to license - yes - but not individually. That's how we can make content available to all. Sharing is always preferred but one should always expect the unexpected.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:14 am

If you have an iphone, you can buy the North America - iGO primo app from iTunes app store and then download the maps. I am just not sure what version/date maps comes with the iGo iPhone version.
kamoteka offline

Postby llaalways » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:24 pm

The device should be NNG/IGO MY WAY 8 (WINDOWS MOBILE)
https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/newCatalog?area=7&selectedTab=3
llaalways offline

Return to Maps, buildings, dem, POI