Doing Map update older files being compatible with the new o   

Doing Map update older files being compatible with the new o

Postby sitealpha » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:51 am

I have a questions about older files being compatible with the new ones that I am going to install. Lets say for example I am installing the folders from the content folder like: building, map, poi, speedcam, phoneme.
I also have folders like dem and tmc have files in them. If I do not replace them are the older files compatible with the new content folders? With the new files being added are they compatible with the old Global_cfg.zip? Is there a way I can get a Global_cfg.zip that is customized to closer match my country, my flag, language, tmc folder, provider folder. Should I try and get a newer version number?
Are there anything in the ux, ui_nextgen, ui_android, gfx, privdocs folders that will make the oGO app have problems or issues because they are from an older versions?
2 other files branding.zip and data.zip are also other that I am concerned that may cause conflict with updating folders with newer versions of maps and ect…?
Does the name of the folder I put the iGO files in on the sdcard in my head unit matter? For example If I put all of the content and files in the iGO_Primo or iGO_World or iGO World or IGO?Does it matter what I call the folder?

Dan
sitealpha offline

V.I.P Member

Re: Doing Map update older files being compatible with the n

Postby TahirTopgül » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:57 pm

Copy your original map and even if you want a new memory card would be better, then upload the old map's language file into the new map file, the sys file, or even the save file containing your old favorites to the new map. IGO.EXE or GPS\NNG\NNG.EXE If Map is in memory card then Map file path should be SDMMC\İGO\İGO.EXE. In addition, the values in the sys file can be arranged according to the screen size. For large screens, 800x480 - 5 inc. 480x272
TahirTopgül offline

Return to Maps, buildings, dem, POI