will primo 1.2 tts voices work with primo 2.4   

will primo 1.2 tts voices work with primo 2.4

Postby Blackstar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:16 pm

hi guys

I have primo 1.2 with tts voices working perfect, is it possible to get these to work with primo 2.4 or do I have to download new tts voices ?

thanks once again
Blackstar offline

Re: will primo 1.2 tts voices work with primo 2.4

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Primo 1.2 is not too different from 2.4. If I were you I wouldn't change.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Blackstar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:09 pm

I haven't been running any sat nav program for the last couple of years as my Chinese unit packed up, but I have a new one now, so I thought I would update to primo 2.4 and I like it ! Would be perfect if I could get the tts voiced to work though !
Blackstar offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Primo 2.4 requires either Nuance TTS voices or Loguendo V7 TTS voices. Let me know if you don't have them and I can packed them up for you (I have 8 different US english TTS voices that work with Primo 2.4).
jtrosky offline

Postby Blackstar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 pm

jtrosky wrote:Primo 2.4 requires either Nuance TTS voices or Loguendo V7 TTS voices. Let me know if you don't have them and I can packed them up for you (I have 8 different US english TTS voices that work with Primo 2.4).

many thanks for that !

I have managed to download WinCE: TTS Pro Voices (Nuance) for Primo 2.x - off here, but I need help on how to get them working !

I do know that I need to add some info to the sys text but not sure how !

many thanks once again !
Blackstar offline

Postby jtrosky » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Here is a link to a .zip file that contains all of the files you need for both the Loquendo and Nuance TTS voices. It contains all of the DLLs and the voices themselves:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

It contains the following US English TTS voices:

Loquendo 7:
- Susan
- Dave

Nuance:
- Samantha
- Jill
- Tom
- Ira
- Paris
- Penelope

Personally, I think the Loquendo voices are more natural sounding and I prefer them over the Nuance voices...

Also, if you don't already have it, you need to add the following to sys.txt:

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

Let me know if you have any issues or questions!

EDIT: I just realized that the Loquendo 7 voices do not work with all versions of Primo 2.4. For me, they do NOT work with 9.6.13.267092, but they DO work with 9.6.13.405512.

EDIT 2: This post is in regard to the WinCE version of iGo Primo. I have *no* idea if any of the contents of this post are applicable to the Android version of iGo Primo.
Last edited by jtrosky on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jtrosky offline

Postby SQueal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:34 pm

jtrosky wrote:Here is a link to a .zip file that contains all of the files you need for both the Loquendo and Nuance TTS voices. It contains all of the DLLs and the voices themselves:

It contains the following US English TTS voices:

Personally, I think the Loquendo voices are more natural sounding and I prefer them over the Nuance voices...

Also, if you don't already have it, you need to add the following to sys.txt:

Let me know if you have any issues or questions!

Hi thanks for this. I have been trying to get this workings on and off for years now. I am using iGo Primo 9.16..., will these files work for this? Also you could explain where to put each of the files and what to add to the sys.ini files etc, I have tried lots of combinations and followed various guides. I just seem to be going around in a circle.

At the moment I have an iGo directory on my SD card in thre I have
content
license
tts_nua_v5
VAUTOV5.DLL
as well as some other files

The content folder is what it is and I have added
phoneme which has a file "United Kingdom_NQ_2011.Q3_111102" in it
the voice directory has "Voice_TTS-Pro-EnglishUK-Iasonas-zervdim-V8" and Voice_TTS-Pro-EnglishUK-Medea-zervdim-V8 in it (these dont show up when I load iGo, so I guess its why its not working.

The tts_nua_v5 directory has "common" and "eng" and lots of other directories after that.

I have updated the sys.ini file to have the following in it:
[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
announce_exit_directions=1
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_roadnames=3
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=2

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

This is the current set up which still isnt working, I have tried many other ways but can't get it to work. It has always bugged me that the "read street names" is greyed out, I know its there so I would like it to work, cant find anything on the iGo stores to get it working. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Neil
SQueal offline

Postby jtrosky » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:17 pm

I need a few more things in order to help:

1. What GPS device type?
2. What version of WinCE?
3. What *full* version of iGo (should be 9.6.5.xxxxxx or 9.6.13.xxxxxx (not familiar with 9.16.xxxxxx).
4. Please post contents of iGo\tts_nua_v5\eng\speech\vautov5 directory and components directory

That should allow us to figure out the issue....
jtrosky offline

Postby SQueal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi, thanks for the responce.

1. I am using an incar system, it is called a "Parrot Asteroid Smart"
2. It isn't WinCE, it is Android (hope that doesnt mean I can't do it)
3. It is version 9.12.8.382890
4. iGo\tts_nua_v5\eng\speech\vautov5 (just deleted this and put the one that you were sharing on it so it is now iGo\tts_nua_v5\ENU\SPEECH\VAUOV5\"there are 9 files, vauto_pipeline_enu with names, i.e Penelope_22_dri40_vssq5f22.hdr"

Hope this helps and that you are still able to help with Android

Neil
SQueal offline

Postby jtrosky » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Unfortunately, while I love Android, I have no experience with iGo on Android. I know that a lot of the stuff is separate between WinCE and Android (meaning that there are separate versions of things between WinCE and Android).

That being said, I really don't have the expertise to help with the Android version of Primo. However, I'm sure that there is someone else here that will be able to help with the Android version.

Sorry that I couldn't help more - but I know my limitations! :-) I have not used iGo on Android even once, so I just don't have the knowledge to help you successfully at this point! Sorry!

I've also updated my post above to mention that the voices are only known to work with the WinCE version of iGo Primo. Sorry if I caused you any confusion!
jtrosky offline

Postby SQueal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Thats ok, thanks for the help anyway, reading around its all getting confusing what version is what, what files go where and what other programs need to be isntalled. I have seen others with it working on other forums and even youtube, must be a way, I just cant even get the new voice files / names to show up in the menu, so I must be miles off.

Thanks again for trying

Neil
SQueal offline

Postby SQueal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:18 pm

ok I have managed to work it out, so thank you anyone thinking of looking into it, but I do not need any more assistance.

For anyone else trying to get an Android one working, for me it turned out to be stupidly easy, didnt have to install any other programs or anything.

- I used a V5 voicepack that I got from another web site "Voice_TTS-nua-eng-au-f1-lua-dri40-vssq5f22"
- I found out what TTS was already installed on my device, I had "Picco TTS" and "Parrot TTS", in the zip file above, there is an info.ini file, in that look for the bit that says "tts_engine="android TTS"" I changed "android TTS" as I dont have that installed to "Parrot TTS".
- And that was it, in the sys.ini file I have added the lines:
[tts]
automatic_direction_conversion=1
announce_exit_directions=1
always_say_road_names=3
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=1
tts_buffer=131072
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
ttspro_da_voice_enabled=1

taken from another post or something which I am not sure if that needs to be in there, I may try taking that out to see if it still works.

Hope that that helps someone else.

Neil
SQueal offline

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams