JTs WinCE Primo US TTS Voice Package - Version 2.0   

JTs WinCE Primo US TTS Voice Package - Version 2.0

Postby jtrosky » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:36 pm

I've put together a complete Primo 2.4 US TTS Voice "package" for WinCE that contains the TTS engines, (7) different US TTS voices and some TTS-related UX "add-ons". Being that there are both Loquendo and Nuance voices here, you'll need a version of Primo that supports both (if you want access to all voices). I recommend Primo 2.4 (9.6.13.405512).

From the included README file:

iGo US English TTS Voices by JT - Version 2.0
---------------------------------------------

This archive contains (7) US English TTS Pro Voices for WindowsCE 5.0 & 6.0 - there are (4) Loquendo 7 TTS Voices and (3) Nuance 5 TTS Voices. This archive also contains all required TTS engine driver files for both the Loquendo 7 TTS engine and the Nuance 5 TTS engine as well as some TTS-related UX "add-on" files which add some additional features to the voices via TTS Pro. Lastly, the main Loquendo TTS "Lexicon" file in this archive is a plain-text version of the file, so you can easily correct mis-pronunciations if/as needed.

To "install" these voices, simply extract the archive into your main iGo directory (wherever the iGo executable is).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the details of what is contained in this archive:

Loquendo 7 TTS Voices:
- Allison
- Dave
- Steven
- Susan

Nuance 5 TTS Voices:
- Jill
- Samantha
- Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTS Pro UX add-ons (availavle on the TTSPro menu in the Settings menu):
- driveralerts_tts_20.zip - Speak selected driver alerts
- quickdetour_tts_20.zip - Speak any quick-detours that are presented
- *speedlimit_decrease_tts_20.zip - Inform you when the speed limit has decreased
- speedlimit_increase_tts_20.zip - Inform you when the speed limit has increased
- tool_booth_warning_20.zip - Inform you when a Toll Booth is coming up
- **tts_by_Wiman_ver.2.9.zip - Adds a host of new TTS-related features

*This is my first UX file! I just copied the speedlimit_tts_20.zip and modified it to do the opposite.
**This is a modified version of the original tts_by_Wiman_ver.2.7.zip add-on. This version fixes an error that was generated frequenyly in the original version (error was only seen in the debug.log file, if enabled).

Change Log:

- Version 2.0 - Initial "formal" release.

- Loquendo lexicon file (tts_loq_7/languages/English/EnglishUs.lex) changes from older "unofficial" releases:
- Say "State Route" instead of "State Road"
- Say "First" for "1st" instead of just saying "one"
- Say "Third" for "3rd" instead of saying "3 road"
- Say "I" instead of saying "Interstate"
- Say "U S 1 South" for "US 1S" instead of saying "U South 1 South" (for example)
- Say "Miles Per Hour" instead of saying "M P H"

- My previous "unofficial: releases of these voices contained some duplicate voices (same voice just with different names), so I have removed the duplicates (Ira, Paris and Penelope). I have also added TTSPro functionality to the Loquendo TTS voices - previously, they did not support any TTSPro functionality.

I have tested these as much as possible, but there may still be pronunciation issues. If you find any TTS-related issues, please let me know so that I can fix them in future versions.

Download Here:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by jtrosky on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jtrosky offline

Re: JTs WinCE Primo US TTS Voice Package - Version 2.0

Postby jbrutwhat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Thank you so much for all of your hard work! I will let you know if it ended up working for me. This will be my first time attempting this...

I just uploaded the files directly to the main folder of the SD chip. I am running iGo primo 9.6.13.417656, so hopefully there are no compatibility issues.
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:32 am

I'm very curious to know if both the Loquendo and Nuance TTS voices work with 9.6.13.417656. Some versions of Primo 2.4 (9.6.13) support both TTS engines and some don't. I know that 9.6.13.405512 supports both.

Are you using a cr@cked version of 9.6.13.417656? If so, can you share it? I don't believe I've seen a cr@cked version of that version around yet....

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Well, I gave it a shot and it did not work. In fact, the maps no longer worked afterwards.

It is not a cracked version. I installed a new head unit in my RAV4 (Jensen vx7020, WinCE 6.0) that came with iGo. I immediately used my one free upgrade from naviextras.

I would not mind sending you along the version of iGo that I have but I'm sure it is not cracked... Also, do you have any suggestions on how I could get TTS working? Would it be more likely if I downgraded to an older version of iGo?
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:26 pm

What you do mean by "the maps no longer worked afterwards"? Do you mean that you couldn't use the navigation app at all after installing the TTS voices? If so, that is VERY strange - I can't think of any reason why installing the voices would affect the rest of the application at all.

Did you get an error at all?

jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:13 am

I will specify: I updated my 4 GB SD chip that came with the unit and then formatted a separate 32 GB chip. I copied all of the files from the 4 GB chip to the 32 GB chip and then copy and pasted all of the files inside of the zip file you provided onto the 32 GB chip.

When I put the 32 GB chip in and loaded up the GPS, it could not find my location and the map just looked blank. I did get an error when I tried to tell the GPS to give me directions to work saying it couldn't find my location.

I suppose it is very likely that the act of copying the files to a separate SD chip is what caused the problem. I meant to check a few things today to be sure I copied everything correctly but work got the best of me. I hope to have some free time tomorrow.
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 am

Ahh, that explains it. If you're using a non-cr@cked version of Primo, you cannot just copy it to another SD card. Normally, Primo is "copy protected" and it's "lcoked" to the SD card that it came with.

If you try the same thing before extracting the voices, it probably won't work either (assuming it is not cracked).

Honestly, my advice would be to download and use a cr@cked version - that way you can also update maps for free when updates become available (as well as use any SD card you want, etc).

let me know if interested and I can post a link to 9.6.13.405512 - the most stable cr@cked version of Primo 2.4 that is available - plus, like I said 405512 supports both TTS engines where most versions do not.

jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Jtrosky, that would be fantastic, could you please provide that link?

Would it also include all of the TTS voices you have above? Also, do I just need to copy and paste all of the files to the SD chip or are there extra steps which need to be taken? Sorry for all of the questions, however, -/ you can see I'm quite new to this.
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Let me put together a 2.4 (9.6.13.405512) archive for you that contains the app, the Decent 2DIN skin that I've put together as well as the US TTS voice package that I put together. That you, you can just extract it to the SD card and then transfer over your content (maps, pois, etc) and you'll be all set...

Give me a few hours to get the package created and uploaded and then I'll post a link.

jtrosky offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Here you go - this is a complete 2.4 (9.6.13.405512) install that includes my modified version of the Decent skin (modified for 2DIN headunits) as well as my US English TTS voice package. Just extract this archive to a blank SD card and then copy over you content files (content/building, content/dem, content/map, content/phoneme, content/poi, content/scheme and content/speedcam) and maybe you sys.txt file (you can try my version, but no guarantees!).

You'll also have to "direct" your headunit to the nngnavi.exe binary (or rename it to what it was on your original SD card). once Primo is running, I'd recommend going into the settings and selecting the Decent 2DIN skin - it's a much improved skin compared to the stock skin.

Here is a link to the complete 2.4 archive: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Here is a link to the Decent 2DIN skin thraed that I just posted today: Decent 2DIN skin

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.
jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Wonderful, thank you. I have also downloaded the following maps:
http://www.navitotal.com/maps-buildings-dem-poi-f82/north-america-usa-canada-here-2016-t18881.html

I will install it all onto my 32 GB SD chip and try it tonight, then get back to you. Thanks again!
Last edited by jbrutwhat on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:07 pm

So I compared your sys.txt with mine. This is what mine reads:

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Obviously, this is MUCH shorter than what is in your sys.txt file... Do you have any insight as to whether this will cause any problems?
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Most of the stuff in my sys.txt is just personal preference stuff. Liek I said, you can try using it - or just use your file and maybe add some of the stuff from my sys.txt file as you go (if it sounds like it might be something you like). There are LOTS of sys.txt entries to customize the way that Primo works - but generally, you don't need any of them.

So you should be fine if you just use your sys.txt. Mine just changes the way some things work/display.

If something in mine sounds interesting to you, let me know and I'll explain what it does.

jtrosky offline

Postby jbrutwhat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Okay, I opted to stick with my sys.txt for now. Just to be sure everything works before I begin to do more complex things. I copied the following folders to content from my original SD chip:

map
poi
scheme
speedcam
dem

There was no phenome or building folders in my original SD chip. I assume this won't be a problem as it is purely a content option. I will be able to test the system out in about 3 h when I head home from work. I'll let update you on whether it works or not. Thank you again for all of your help!
jbrutwhat offline

Postby jtrosky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah, the more I think about it, using my sys.txt as-is would probably cause issues since I "force" certain things like the GPS radio serial port, speed, etc... You are definitely better off with your sys.txt at first. But you may want to start exploring some of the sys.txt options as well - besides being "fun" customizing the Primo app to your liking, some of the stuff can fix things like stuttering TTS voices, TTS voices being cut-off (at beginning or end of speech), etc.

Definitely curious to hear your thoughts. Also be sure to enable the Decent 2DIN skin - it's pretty cool - lots of options added to the Primo settings menu. By default, it will just enable the stock skin - you have to specifically go into the Settings->Display menu option to change to the Decent 2DIN skin.

By the way, buildings are just for the optional 3D building/landmarks when in bigger cities and the phoneme files are for pronunciation issues (helps pronunciation of street names, etc). Not needed. I do use them, but not sure how much of a difference they really make.

jtrosky offline

Next

Return to Languages, voices, speedcams