Kenwood DNX3160BT   

Kenwood DNX3160BT

Postby MISTERAMD » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:29 pm

A week ago, I bought myself a Hyundai i20 with built in GPS, type Kenwood DNX3160BT.
I went first to the Kenwood website, looking for updates and found them. A file named S_V3_1_0008_0900.zip which was around 600MB.
I placed this file on a SDcard and went to my car. My Kenwood DNX3160BT said that there were new updates found on the SDcard and asked me if I wanted to install / update it. I clicked yes. (Update took a while, like 10 minutes I think)
I installed Garmin Express on my Windows 10 laptop.
I placed an SDcard into the SDcard holder of my Kenwood DNX3160BT and went to Nav > Map > Update (or something like that)
It placed a file (xml) on the SDcard. With this SDcard I went to my laptop, opened Garmin Express, added new device, Update.
No updates where found, other than TrafficControl.xml

When googling for "oem cn europe ntu 2016", cause that map is on my Kenwood DNX3160BT, I found some software, saw info about mapsource, basecamp, etc... and this forum.
Can I update my "oem cn europe ntu 2016" to a newer version like 2022 or 2023 and what steps do I need to take for that update?

It's the first time that I use a built in GPS (Kenwood / Garmin) as I have been using a TomTom Start 50 in the past, which was not built into my previous car.
MISTERAMD offline

Re: Kenwood DNX3160BT

Postby MISTERAMD » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:33 pm

I just called Kenwood in Belgium (as I'm from Belgium) and the person on the phone told me that DNX3160BT is from 2016 plus 3 years free map updates. Cause we are 2023, it's obsolete to use, he said. Afterwards, he was talking about buying a new GPS from Garmin or use Waze or Google Maps on Android in order to be up to date as a lot of streets and locations aren't existing anymore or have been changed. I thanked the man for his technical information and hung up. I'm going to use my up-to-date google maps than ... :046: :-(
MISTERAMD offline

Return to Kenwood