help for Kenwood   

help for Kenwood

Postby judithhd » Sun May 03, 2020 4:40 pm

I've downloaded and installed (tried that is) the latest update I could find for a Kenwood DNX574S. It's not taking though. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Edit: The latest update I've seen for it is City Navigator North America NT 2019. I torrented and extracted as directed but nothing happens after inserting it into the system.
judithhd offline

IMG Activation

Postby tabascojoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:51 am

Spit-balling Ideas, so please go easy if this is a "duh" or an already answered question...

I have a newer Kenwood receiver that will not take img files downloaded from here.
It's checks something that the img file does not have and rejects it.
The only method to updating the maps is Garmin Express.

I noticed in the logs of Garmin Express after it re-downloads the current map it activates it.
After activation it copies this img to the SD card in the garmin folder.

My question is what is this activation doing? I assume it adds a signature to the vanilla file from Garmin to pair to the receiver.
We can use GMapTool to view and extract the contents of an img file, could it be as simple as taking an activation file from the activated img and adding it to an updated map?
Or another idea, can the activation process be extracted from Express and utilized to activate img files downloaded?

I have other ideas, but lets start with one and see if its a hard no or a possible yes.
tabascojoe offline

Re: help for Kenwood

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:30 am

tabascojoe wrote:.

Which unit ?
[Please Register or Login to download file]
I think you are missing the .unl files generated by GE using the device ID ???
ImageImage
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

How to access uSD card in Garmin equipped Kenwood nav radio

Postby Radius118 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi there.

Looking for some assistance. I have a Kenwood Android based navigation radio. Inside there is a microSD card with all of the map data. The model number is DNN990HD.

The microSD card has 2 partitions. One partition is small and formatted as FAT12. The other partition is much larger and I believe this is formatted as ext3.

I have tried many different software solutions to access this partition in Windows. None have worked. So I downloaded Ubuntu Mate to run from a USB drive and I still can not access this partition. Ubuntu says I do not have permissions to access this partition and it also shows the partition as an unknown file system. Something seems strange here.

However, I have updated the maps on this uSD card before. But the last time I did it I owned an older Macbook air and it was straightforward to access this partition and overwrite the old files with the updated ones.

Can anyone help with accessing this partition without having to resort to buying and old macbook air off ebay?

Thank you!
Radius118 offline

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby bonee » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:17 am

how do i get the map working on my kenwood dnr1007
bonee offline

Kenwood DNX9980 HD Map Update

Postby donwells » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:06 pm

Garmin says they no longer support map updates for my Radio/Head Unit (Kenwood DNX 9980 HD). They said speak to Kenwood. Kenwood said Speak to Garmin..............
Yes, it is an older unit but it still works.

I've done some searching but have not found what I'm looking for. I was hoping there is someone that can either help me or direct me to a link with instructions.

I currently have the CN North America NT 2015.30 version and want to update it to the latest version that will work with my head unit.

Thanks in Advance!

Don
donwells offline

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher for Protected Garmin Devices

Postby Zooandbio4me » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:49 pm

Hello Mr Expert!! I promise, I worked my tiny brain to the core before posting :) haha

<PartNumber>006-B2903-00</PartNumber>

<SoftwareVersion>240</SoftwareVersion>

<Description>Kenwood 2018</Description>
'You guys rock man!!!
Zooandbio4me offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:00 pm

Zooandbio4me wrote:Hello Experts!! I promise, I worked my tiny brain to the core before posting :) haha

'You guys rock man!!!

There is no patching for Kenwood Head Units
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Zooandbio4me » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:15 pm

GarmanNuvi wrote:
Zooandbio4me wrote:Hello Experts!! I promise, I worked my tiny brain to the core before posting :) haha

'You guys rock man!!!

There is no patching for Kenwood Head Units

I was racking my brain trying to figure out where in the heck this post went!! I thought it was in the other thread!!! Well damn... I was super stoked. Haha. I really am trying to use my tiny brain, but; if there's no custom patching, could you possibly point me in the right direction?
Zooandbio4me offline

Return to Kenwood