camera file for kenwood DNX7360BT   

POI for Kenwood DNX7360BTM - Australia

Postby donkarnash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:14 am

Hi,

I have downloaded and saved the Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras file into the POI folder and set the proximity alerts but when I passed red-light, I would not get any sound alert. This file was about 115KB

A mate bought a Nuvi last week and I asked him for the camera.poi file, which was about 800KB and I saved as POI.gpi and now I get alerts with sound.

Don't know if Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras file works or not but this is how I got my speed camera POI file to work.
donkarnash offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 am

If you don't tell us which device you use, this information is absolutely useless. I can affirm that the Cyclops files work on nuvi 1xxx, 2xxx and 3xxx very good. Maybe on other devices they don't work, that's why it would be good to get to know what device you have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby donkarnash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 am

Hi NT,

the Cyclops Safety Camera software is not compatible with the Kenwood DNX7360BTM system,which I have in my car. Should have mentioned, but over looked that part. Cheers
donkarnash offline

Postby donkarnash » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:24 am

Infact, Garmin support told me that the Kenwood DNX7360BTM is not compatible with ANY POI (Cyclops Safety Camera or the POI file that comes with portable Garmin units) files and that we can't have any speed/red-light etc alerts on the DNX7360BTM.

I told them Kenwood uses GARMIN as the GPS and that should not be the case, but three of their support reps have told me the same thing. They said you just can't use any alert files with the kenwood unit.

How strange is that......an in-car GPS unit can't alert for camera's........v strange
donkarnash offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 am

Must be a Kenwood thing.
Since it uses Garmin have you though about making a backup and to use one of the versins from the forum?
If the software is compatible and not specially modified for the Kenwood hardware it should work, but of course things need testing to confirm ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby donkarnash » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

Hi NT,

Infact I did use the maps from this forums. I downloaded the unlocked img files etc.

Then on a new SD card, created a folder called Garmin & copied all the files there.

Created a POI folder and copied the POI.gpi file to that folder.

The maps are updated and I also updated the latest base maps, but the camera alerts are not working.
donkarnash offline

camera file for kenwood DNX7360BT

Postby donkarnash » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 am

Hi,

I have a kenwood DNX7360BT in car navi system which comes with Garmin GPS. I have the maps on pre-loaded SD Card and can update the maps but am struggling with PoI.

Can I load the POI's from this site to the system ??

I have got the Cyclops unlocked file (UNL_safety_camera_Australia.gpi) and have copied it to POI folder and named as POI.GPI but it does not work and the GPS does in a reboot mode, till I disable custom POI

Can someone please advise how?

Thanks
donkarnash offline

Postby 470XR » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am

I have a Kenwood DNX6960 with Garmin and have no problems at all with POI's or camera/red light alerts. I am sure it must be just a strange circumstance and not at all what the reps have told you, hence the file from your mates Nuvi working.
470XR offline

Postby nick dunn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 am

donkarnash wrote:I have downloaded and saved the Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras file into the POI folder and set the proximity alerts but when I passed red-light, I would not get any sound alert. This file was about 115KB

Garmin Cyclops cameras dont work with kenwood units. I have kenwood dnx 9960 but no luck. Can you please post Australia camera poi as my one is outdated and not showing latest safety cameras in sydney.Thanks
nick dunn offline

Re: POI for Kenwood DNX7360BTM - Australia

Postby triumph202 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:56 am

donkarnash wrote:Hi,

I have downloaded and saved the Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras file into the POI folder and set the proximity alerts but when I passed red-light, I would not get any sound alert. This file was about 115KB

A mate bought a Nuvi last week and I asked him for the camera.poi file, which was about 800KB and I saved as POI.gpi and now I get alerts with sound.

Don't know if Garmin Cyclops™ Safety Cameras file works or not but this is how I got my speed camera POI file to work.

Hi, is the Nuvi "camera.poi" for Australia available anywhere? I've got the same head unit and am having the same problems with getting the safety cameras to function.
triumph202 offline

Re: POI for Kenwood DNX7360BTM - Australia

Postby triumph202 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 am

For anyone with a Kenwood head unit, I found a work around. Using the free speed camera POI file from Trapster I now have functioning camera alerts (visual and audio.)

Garmin POI loader must be used to process the data files from Trapster - and for the Kenwood head unit to upload the POI file to internal memory the file must be named POI.gpi (anything else and the head unit appears to totally ignore the file.) Upload from the SD card should also be done with the head unit powered on and running at the GPS screen "Where to"/ "Show Map". The SD card used to load the POI should be FAT32 formatted with a file structure "Garmin/ POI/ POI.gpi.

While the Cyclops Safety camera file data is a lot better and has more functionality, it just does not work on the Kenwoods. (DNX7360BT in my case.) The Trapster files are missing the speed info (so you get warned at all safety cameras no matter what speed you are doing) and they are not directional like the Cyclops (so you get warned even if you are approaching an intersection from a direction not monitored by the camera.)
triumph202 offline

Return to Kenwood