Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.2 using TaiG   

Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.2 using TaiG

Postby [DaY]BooM » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Chinese hackers surprised everyone by releasing TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta.
Here’s how to jailbreak your device running on iOS 8.1.1 or iOS 8.2 beta using TaiG jailbreak.

Some important points before you proceed:

Please proceed with caution, as Taig is known for running an app store with pirated apps in China. The name Taig might be familiar to you, as it was the center of controversy when this pirated app store was bundled with evasi0n7, and later removed. We’re yet to get a confirmation from any well known hacker that the jailbreak is safe.

TaiG jailbreak supports following iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.2 beta devices:

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
iPod touch 5G

TaiG jailbreak also supports iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 but it may be advisable to use the Pangu jailbreak for it.

TaiG jailbreak is currently available only for Windows. For now, Mac users will have to run Windows in a virtual machine to use the TaiG jailbreak.

Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.
Disable any Anti-virus programs or firewalls that could prevent TaiG from connecting to the internet.

Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 using TaiG jailbreak:

Step 1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from this link on your computer, and unzip the zip file.

Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.

Step 3: Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.

Step 4: Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.

Step 5: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right click on the TaiG exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.

Step 6: TaiG will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the TaiG App Store (the one in Chinese), just below Cydia 1.1.16.

Step 7: Click on the green jailbreak button to proceed. You will see the circular progress bar.

Step 8: After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen.

WARNING: If the jailbreak process is unsuccessful could depend by the update via OTA. You will then need to update to iOS 8.1.1 using iTunes manually. Other reasons could be attributed to:

Find My iPhone enabled;
TouchID enabled;
Passcode enabled;
No Internet connection on your iOS device or PC;
iTunes is not installed;

DO ALL AT YOUR OWN RISH, NAVITOTAL OR ME WE DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY.
SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGE IF ANY MY LINK IS DEAD.
PreSS ThAnKs BuTToN iF i HelpeD YoU.
[DaY]BooM offline

Re: Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.2 using TaiG

Postby Tuoni » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:13 am

Thread title is misleading as TaiG does NOT jailbreak iOS 8.2 devices, only up to iOS 8.2 Beta 2
Last edited by Tuoni on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuoni offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby chas521 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Suggest that you wait for an Evasion JB instead of TaiG.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Tuoni » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:01 am

chas521 wrote:Suggest that you wait for an Evasion JB instead of TaiG.

I prefer not to give my phone number to any 3rd party advertisement company, that alone is more then enough reason for me to stay away from Evasion.
Bedsides that there's nothing wrong with TaiG jailbreak. Used it myself on multiple devices and all my colleagues used it on their devices without a single fail or problem.
Tuoni offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to iPhone Discussion