WNRO Problems   

WNRO Problems

Postby WTJ848 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Hi, trying the ttconv-v11.zip on my version 9.510. Using XP I extracted the files to TomTom(E:) and rebooted the tt xxl. It still reads version 9.510 and 6 satellites but the time does not correct from 12:00. Is there a fix?
WTJ848 offline

Re: WNRO Problems

Postby WTJ848 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:06 am

[Please Register or Login to download file] site says this upload doesn't exist, holyhead.

But, looking in the Options I saw the new button, TT CONV, mashed it and went back to the maps screen. Still reading 12:00a. So, I went to the clock option and it was set at 12:00am until I hit sync. It immediately went to the correct time! Back to the maps screen and the correct time was displayed. ...for a minute or two. I looked back and it had reverted to 12:00a. Interestingly, minutes are counting in the upper left of the maps screen, e.g. 178m, near the expand symbol. So, sync can pull in the correct time but it won't stay. Any chance it's a permissions issue having extracted the files with XP as user not administrator to the tt xxl rather than using a linux machine?
WTJ848 offline

Postby WTJ848 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Okay, this is a lot more interesting mounting the tt with linux.

In TomTom-Cfg/release.nfo
Birthday = Friday 05 April 2013, 09:06:49
Item number = 9.510.2-2039
Item description = CAB-navcore-LE

------

I see in /fixdate/ttconv.sh the command '/mnt/sdcard/bin/ttconv &'
This confuses me somewhat as this GPS doesn't have an external sdcard. So, I'll hashtag it out and try '/bin/ttconv &'

Nope, same problem, sync time gets proper time, back to maps screen and in less than a minute the time will revert back to 12:00a.
WTJ848 offline

Postby WTJ848 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Tried resetting to factory defaults. Now it no longer syncs the time on the map screen tho it does get the sync'd time on the set clock.

Am going to try installing navcore/9.541.2-2042-CAB-navcore-LE.cab

Ah well, TomTom Home is telling me it is no longer supporting my obsolete device unless I've been a paying customer. Won't update anything. And I can't seem to find the 9.541 CAB online nor a torrent or it.

Suggestions please as how I can proceed from here.

------------------

My mistake, the TomTom Home wasn't logged in with my address and password.

Yep, now has v9.541 and is keeping time properly.

------------------

So, it said this was a one time update. I had previously backed up the device when it has v9.510. Since then I reset to factory defaults. Will now try to restore all my contacts...tt home has said it has commenced the restore but the progress bar is moving very slowly in reverse.

Figuring I should first back up the new installation, I mashed Abort and started a current backup. When done I'll try the restore from the earlier backup....

Well, that's a disappointment. Backed up the 9.541 and tried to restore from the 9.510 backup but restore seems to only go to the latest.
Last edited by WTJ848 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WTJ848 offline

Postby fredderf » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:56 pm

WTJ848 wrote:Hi, trying the ttconv-v11.zip on my version 9.510. Using XP I extracted the files to TomTom(E:) and rebooted the tt xxl. It still reads version 9.510 and 6 satellites but the time does not correct from 12:00. Is there a fix?

First question...what chipset does your device use, is it Global Locate or SiRFStarIII?

If it's the latter, then you should look at the following link for a permanent fix:

topic21440.html

Ah ok, you've fixed it now...you never said what device you have, which makes it difficult for us to help

If you've got a 32MB device, you might still have problems depending on what map you use
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby WTJ848 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Snafu. Glad I did the abort and backup. After realizing I couldn't get the old destinations back from 9.510, I saved the current maps, then deleted, then tried to install newer. The download got 80% done and stopped, then install failed, then install the saved map failed, so I'm back to a full restore and hoping this doesn't fail as well.

Restored to the condition when I upgraded t0 the 9.541. And if I'm not mistaken roads that have long been missing on this, as I figured updating would fill the memory, are in place. Must kill the process starting ttconv as there is a display of countdown minutes on the maps screen for some reason. But that's for another day.
WTJ848 offline

Postby fredderf » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:02 pm

WTJ848 wrote:Snafu. Glad I did the abort and backup. After realizing I couldn't get the old destinations back from 9.510, I saved the current maps, then deleted, then tried to install newer. The download got 80% done and stopped, then install failed, then install the saved map failed, so I'm back to a full restore and hoping this doesn't fail as well.

Restored to the condition when I upgraded t0 the 9.541. And if I'm not mistaken roads that have long been missing on this, as I figured updating would fill the memory, are in place. Must kill the process starting ttconv as there is a display of countdown minutes on the maps screen for some reason. But that's for another day.

You're doing this all wrong...TT Home is of little use, if you want to do a backup then do it in Windows Explorer (ensuring Hidden files & folders option is enabled) by copying all of the files to a safe place...afterwards restoring it will only take a few minutes.

You should set it back up again using NC 9.541 together with the new map, then copy the file called 'mapsettings.cfg' from your old map folder to the new map folder which contains your recent destinations etc.

I could give you a direct link to the correct navcore for your device but as I said before, I haven't got a clue what device you've got.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby WTJ848 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:47 pm

fredderf wrote:
WTJ848 wrote:Snafu. Glad I did the abort and backup. After realizing I couldn't get the old destinations back from 9.510, I saved the current maps, then deleted, then tried to install newer. The download got 80% done and stopped, then install failed, then install the saved map failed, so I'm back to a full restore and hoping this doesn't fail as well.

You're doing this all wrong...TT Home is of little use, if you want to do a backup then do it in Windows Explorer (ensuring Hidden files & folders option is enabled) by copying all of the files to a safe place...afterwards restoring it will only take a few minutes.

You should set it back up again using NC 9.541 together with the new map, then copy the file called 'mapsettings.cfg' from your old map folder to the new map folder which contains your recent destinations etc.

I could give you a direct link to the correct navcore for your device but as I said before, I haven't got a clue what device you've got.

Thanks fredderf, I'll give the mapsettings.cfg transfer a try. But, I'll explain what I did. I had the XXL working in my window getting the correct time. I didn't understand what the number by the plus sign meant and mistakenly thought that by simply going to the v9.541 I'd have the correct time. So, I deleted the ttconv start file and shut it down. Today I had a trip to town so took both the XXL and the 620 Go. My plan is to use the XXL with the time displayed until my new cell arrives in 2020, a Pinephone. So, in the car I fire up both GPS's and find the XXL isn't getting the right time when I set the clock with sync and the map display only shows 12:00a. I did learn however that the 299m is altitude in meters not minutes. So, at home I rerun the ttconv zip, extracting to the XXL and give it a try in the window once again. Getting 8 or 9 satellites, I sync the clock but it comes up with the wrong time and then the wrong time doesn't stay on the maps screen but reverts to 12:00a. So, next step is to do a restore from the last working TomTom Home. I expect the restore will take a while.

So, the ttconv-v11 is incorrect for the XXL? Win10 says the XXL has a 1.84GB memory

-------------------------------

Restored but still have time reverting to 12:00a.
WTJ848 offline

Postby WTJ848 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 am

So, my attempts to get the time working again have failed. I believe this is an XXL IQ Routes if memory serves, which it often doesn't. Why would Win10 say this has almost 2GB of memory while I see references to 32 mb of memory? And why has it started giving the wrong time. Even before when it would revert back to 12:00a, when I'd sync the clock it would get the correct time and later lose it but now it doesn't even get the time right? And not a time zone issue but off by odd periods. Perhaps I've used up too much memory? I do have Tripmaster installed. Correction, it's been sitting in the window for hours and I just now sync'd the time and it's correct! Will wait 5 minutes and see if it reverts. If not I'll try shutting it down, letting it sit off for 5 minutes, reboot and see what I get. ... nope, it did revert to 12:00a but does show the altitude.
WTJ848 offline

Postby holyhead » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:47 am

Wich device you have exactly (you believe ?)
[Please Register or Login to download file]

The correct way to set the time is as follewing.
Set the time and click on Done. After that klik on sync and then Done again.
And what you mean whith it's been sitting in the window for hours and I just now sync'd the time and it's correct.
You need a GPS fix to get the correct time so put the device outside and after a while (10 minits) you must have a GPS fix.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby WTJ848 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:53 pm

holyhead wrote:Wich device you have exactly (you believe ?)

The correct way to set the time is as follewing.
Set the time and click on Done. After that klik on sync and then Done again.
And what you mean whith it's been sitting in the window for hours and I just now sync'd the time and it's correct.
You need a GPS fix to get the correct time so put the device outside and after a while (10 minits) you must have a GPS fix.

Well, I followed you link to the UK website. Whenever I click on the page I get a 'forbidden' blue screen but the first 2 lettters of the serial number are GL which is what it was asking.

Set Clock - > How should time be displayed? NEXT -> time gets set DONE -> Set Clock -> (format) NEXT -> Sync DONE -> DONE -> DONE, map screen, time still 12:00a, 11 satellites.

The TomTom XXL IQ Routes in on a USB power supply and sitting in my living room window pulling in 11 satellites on this clear sunny day.
WTJ848 offline

Postby fredderf » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:24 pm

That site works for me and it shows:

GL = Your device is a TomTom XXL IQ Routes / XXL Classic with 2GB memory and it updates through TomTom HOME.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby WTJ848 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Could there be a region exclusion? What's your location?

Forbidden
Server id: 0->71

You don't have permissions to access the specified resource. Please check the URL, correct any errors and try again.
WTJ848 offline

Postby holyhead » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Give the next navcore a try
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby WTJ848 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks holyhead, I'll look into nwuJly after my current attempt. Reading various messages on the board and searching I see later tt's have an sdcard. Mine does not. This GL2 just now isn't workign with ttconv-v11. Using linux and "egrep -nr "sdcard" ./*" I found 17 files with references to the string sdcard. Right now I'm just removing /mnt/sdcard from from lines in /fixdate/ttconv.sh and/ttn. After that if it doesn't work I'll remove the /mnt/sdcard from binarys if possible.
---------------
Didn't work. And lost the altitude in meters.
---------------

Found in restartgps that the fix is looking for a replacement file, rc.gltt, on the sdcard to replace the rc.gltt in /etc so perhaps it thinks the ttconv-v11.zip was extracted to an sdcard. One try might be to put a direction in / called /mnt/sdcard/ and extract the ttconv-v11.zip to that directory. Then go back and undo my changes.
WTJ848 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom