Which Navcore version for GO 920?   

Which Navcore version for GO 920?

Postby savas101 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:53 am

Hello everyone, first off, this is an amazing forum, thanks to everyone who has put effort. As for my question, I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything recent. While reading http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?5507-History-of-NavCores I was doing exactly what he/she says is wrong! So here I am asking what version I should be using for my TomTom GO 920.

Thanks
savas101 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 am

TT Home offers the current Navcore 9.465 for you. You only need to add a map and patch it & 9.465 using FastActivate Premium 1.8.9.0 Updated 29.10.2012.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby savas101 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

thanks^

It kept updating my tomtom application like 3 times, before finally changing to updating "tomtom for car and motor navigation" is this expected?

forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this. but i basically formatted my drive, and did a paperclip reset. then went to install everything. used Guam map so i could at least finish the set-up so it wouldn't ask me for my language every time it restarted.
savas101 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

savas101 wrote:thanks^

1. It kept updating my tomtom application like 3 times, before finally changing to updating "tomtom for car and motor navigation" is this expected?

2. forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this. but i basically formatted my drive, and did a paperclip reset. then went to install everything. used Guam map so i could at least finish the set-up so it wouldn't ask me for my language every time it restarted.

1. If your installed navcore is out of date, and there are any navcores between it and the current version for your device, TT Home will install all of them, one at a time, until it installs the current version, which for your 920 is 9.465.

2. We never recommend formatting, except in the most severe cases!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby savas101 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 pm

2. I did not know that! But why not? The only thing useful in it was the 'Western and Central Europe' map, and I needed to delete it anyway to make room for the 'Europe' map. So I thought I might as well clear it, specially after trying a few different navcore's. I still have my first, untouched backup, if there is something critical in there.

What exactly does the paperclip reset do?

From a few days ago of not knowing much about TomTom's, I now know quite a bit and there's still lots more to learn.

Also one thing I'm wondering is, I had what looked to be a more recent version with speech recognition, (which didn't work well), but now doing it with the TTHome, I don't see anywhere with that microphone icon as before.
savas101 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 am

savas101 wrote:1. I did not know that! But why not? The only thing useful in it was the 'Western and Central Europe' map, and I needed to delete it anyway to make room for the 'Europe' map. So I thought I might as well clear it, specially after trying a few different navcore's. I still have my first, untouched backup, if there is something critical in there.

2. What exactly does the paperclip reset do?

From a few days ago of not knowing much about TomTom's, I now know quite a bit and there's still lots more to learn.

3. Also one thing I'm wondering is, I had what looked to be a more recent version with speech recognition, (which didn't work well), but now doing it with the TTHome, I don't see anywhere with that microphone icon as before.

1. It has nothing to do with what is on the internal memory. Formatting is very hard on the physical internal memory & shortens it's life.

2. Do a Google search for "tomtom reset button". It will be easier on both of us!!

3. You are referring to "Voice Command & Control", which is a X40 & X50 feature.

Voice command and control

Advanced speech recognition technology lets you control your TomTom device using voice commands. From planning a route to making a call, over 150 tasks are easily activated by voice, making your drive smoother and safer.

You can have it back by replacing your current ttsystem file with the 9.465 SE ttsystem file.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom