Which GPS Chipset do I have?   

Which GPS Chipset do I have?

Postby corkycarrol » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:38 am

Is there a way of checking which chipset a any particular TomTom has for locating satellites please?
Using FastActivate if the ephem folder is empty you have a choice of Sirfstar or Global locate but is handy to know which.
Since the rollover I've been having lots of trouble with all 3 of my old XLs but my 910 seems to be a little better at locating satellites. I just wondered if there was a chart to tell me of if there was something else to show the correct chipset.
Would using GPSquickfix be any better? I think it is possible to have both chipsets with this although that in itself can't be right can it?
corkycarrol offline

Re: Which GPS Chipset do I have?

Postby holyhead » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:56 pm

corkycarrol wrote:Is there a way of checking which chipset a any particular TomTom has for locating satellites please?
Using FastActivate if the ephem folder is empty you have a choice of Sirfstar or Global locate but is handy to know which.
Since the rollover I've been having lots of trouble with all 3 of my old XLs but my 910 seems to be a little better at locating satellites. I just wondered if there was a chart to tell me of if there was something else to show the correct chipset.
Would using GPSquickfix be any better? I think it is possible to have both chipsets with this although that in itself can't be right can it?

If you want to know which chipset the device has.
Turn on the device and hold the start button until you
get info screen.
Then you can see which chipset you have Sirf3, GL1 etc.

But use the QuickGPSfix program.
It chose the right chipset.
Download unpack and read the file
[Please Register or Login to download file]

:thread_solved:
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom