What bootloader for my ONE?   

What bootloader for my ONE?

Postby Acetate » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:00 pm

I have two tomtoms: 4n00.004.2 and 4n01.002.2. Im currently following the tutorial and waiting for the maps to download. I have used the universal navcore and in the first I installed the "9.510 for all 32 mb devices" and the "9.701 truck for all 32 mb devices" in the other. The idea is to have the first one for car and the second one for the truck.

The thing I dont know is, should I do something about bootloaders? Should I update? Should I somehow install the "correct" one? I have no idea if I have the "correct" one or the updated one or whatever there is to install.

Also Im currently downloading the 1005 maps. The chart says that it should work in all 9.5 and 9.7 versions, so I assume they will work. Right?

Could you help me, please?

Thanks you very much
Acetate offline

Re: What bootloader for my ONE?

Postby Acetate » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 pm

I have followed a tutorial in another page. It told me to update the bootloader to the 5.5128 for my specific device, cause further version wont work well.

I also installed version 8 cause 9 was slow. Everything works correctly.
Acetate offline

Postby deano30923 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:53 am

You shouldn't really need to update your bootloader unless your Nav is unable to support a bigger SD card.
5.5128 is adequte as it supports over 4GB with no problems (I use 5.5279 on all my devices with no problems too).

You could use the 9.7xx Navcore on both if you wanted to since the truck options are only available if using a truck map and profile. It works using the car profile too (which basically disregards all truck limitations).

Even though it is quicker, when using a v8.xx Navcore you are limited to certain maps which updates may not be available for in the near future.

BTW: From what I undersand from the map compatibility chart, the most recent truck map (v1005.8777) is not compatible with navcore 8.

If your configuration is working for you and you are happy with it, then well done! :)

Hope this helps a bit!
deano30923 offline

Postby Acetate » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:05 pm

The 1005.8766 is compatible down to the 8.2. The 1005.8767 is compatible down to the 7. I used the first one cause they said that it didnt contain something non important and this would make the map go a bit faster.
Acetate offline

Postby deano30923 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:30 pm

But the TRUCK map is 1005.8777 which is only compaible down to 9.0xx.

If you have used either one you listed then you won't have the truck routing features like you wanted on one device.
deano30923 offline

Postby Acetate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:46 am

Its true, sorry, I didnt mention this. One is 4GB with an SD, the other is 1GB without an SD. I needed one with europe map for car, so I had no other choice but to fit a normal single country map in the 1GB one cause an europe one wouldnt fit and there arent any single country maps for truck, just the full europe one.

If I wanted the truck support I should install the 9 version.
Acetate offline

Postby deano30923 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:07 pm

As far as i'm aware, 9.7xx is the official navcore supplied on truck devices (only a guess based on the devices i've actually held)
I beleive 9.5xx supports vehicle profiles but I haven't personally checked it.

Best scenario:
Use the 1GB with whatever navcore you like for single country as you have done :023:
Use the 4GB with 9.702 and truck map 1005.8777

Even though it is a truck map, you can select a car profile and use it as normal in a car if you wished.

If you delete all "cspeech" files from the truck map folder along with "crpoi.dat" and "poi.dat" it will help increase the overall speed of the device.
also limit any speed cameras, voices, custom POIs that you install since the more you have running, the harder it will be for the device to function correctly.

BTW: Some devices can have a sd card added to the inside to add more memory - all you need is some soldering skills and the correct pin out. - there are various guides on how to do this.
deano30923 offline

Postby Acetate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:30 pm

I didnt know that I could select car mode in truck. Ill install the truck version then. Thanks.

I knew about the soldiering thing but Im in a mix of not being able to be arsed and not really want to screw it up.
Acetate offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom