Well this is driving me crazy.....   

Well this is driving me crazy.....

Postby adrachin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I own a little Tomtom one 3rd edition which worked fine so far. Now I upgraded the hardware to a Tomtom Start2. At least thats what is printed on the box. But the menu is just reduced to nearly nothing. So I lookeed around to find a solution to unlock it. I tried the mirreil files, some others and many more. The result is, if I have a full blown up version, I have no sound. If I have a version with sound, the menu is messed up or still reduced.

I am stuck. So if anyone here can give me a hint in the right direction after spending 24 hours + to get some menu settings and option it will be highly appreciated....

Thanks!

Adrachin

Ah ja, Navcon Versaion on the device is 9.053
adrachin offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:19 pm

adrachin wrote:I own a little Tomtom one 3rd edition which worked fine so far. Now I upgraded the hardware to a Tomtom Start2. At least thats what is printed on the box. But the menu is just reduced to nearly nothing. So I lookeed around to find a solution to unlock it. I tried the mirreil files, some others and many more. The result is, if I have a full blown up version, I have no sound. If I have a version with sound, the menu is messed up or still reduced.

I am stuck. So if anyone here can give me a hint in the right direction after spending 24 hours + to get some menu settings and option it will be highly appreciated....

Thanks!

Adrachin

Ah ja, Navcon Versaion on the device is 9.053

For clarification, did you put the Start2 navcore on the One v3, or did you acquire a Start2 device?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby adrachin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:38 am

I aquired a start2.
adrachin offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 am

djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrachin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:28 am

I alreday did that. But it is missing the options for setting a route. At least this gave me the possibility to change some setting. I changed the name of SdkRegistry to SdkRegistry_ and after a reboot had back the old menu but the with changed settings.....
adrachin offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:48 pm

adrachin wrote:I alreday did that. But it is missing the options for setting a route. At least this gave me the possibility to change some setting. I changed the name of SdkRegistry to SdkRegistry_ and after a reboot had back the old menu but the with changed settings.....

Were you not aware of what you were getting, when you acquired the Start2? The name should have been a BIG hint. It is an entry level, bare bone, simplified menu, basic unit.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby adrachin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Well the one 3rd edition is a entry level device as well but offered a lot of cusomization options by default. I could not guess tomtom cut all this fancy stuff out on the successor.....
adrachin offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 pm

adrachin wrote:Well the one 3rd edition is a entry level device as well but offered a lot of cusomization options by default. I could not guess tomtom cut all this fancy stuff out on the successor.....

May I suggest that in the future you check the specs & reviews before you make a purchase. To have more menus on the TT Start, stick with the original NC and copy the SdkRegistry folder inside the .rar file into the root of your TT. Reboot and you'll have the full menus.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby adrachin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks a lot. This made my day!

And I did read the specs. Ever visited the tomtom website and went through the specs? They are as limited as the menu on the start2 is. Basically I have no problem with the limited menu expect the fact that you are not able to select the kind of rout you want to have. This is a limitation which makes the start2 useless for a lot of cases. And I don't see a single reason why this should be like it is. Apart from that, I called customer support and complaint about that. No useful answer. If I would be tomtom I would offer a option to unlock the start2 menu for a fee. They don't and thats why there are a lot of internet resources discussing this.

Thanks again!
adrachin offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

adrachin wrote:Thanks a lot. This made my day!

And I did read the specs. Ever visited the tomtom website and went through the specs? They are as limited as the menu on the start2 is. Basically I have no problem with the limited menu expect the fact that you are not able to select the kind of rout you want to have. This is a limitation which makes the start2 useless for a lot of cases. And I don't see a single reason why this should be like it is. Apart from that, I called customer support and complaint about that. No useful answer. If I would be tomtom I would offer a option to unlock the start2 menu for a fee. They don't and thats why there are a lot of internet resources discussing this.

Thanks again!

Are you saying problem solved?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby adrachin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Yes. Problem solved. Thanks again.

Just out of interest, I am interested in the technical details of the SdkRegistry and the tomtom software in general. Are there any papers or describtion available?
adrachin offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:18 pm

adrachin wrote:Yes. Problem solved. Thanks again.

Just out of interest, I am interested in the technical details of the SdkRegistry and the tomtom software in general. Are there any papers or describtion available?

You are Welcome. You can open the SdkRegistry tomtom.mnu file with notepad. I don't know of any forum that gets into the "technical details" of the navcores.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom