WARNING, MyDrive may have been HACKED!   

WARNING, MyDrive may have been HACKED!

Postby biggerdave » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Yes, really
Read this & make up your own mind:- [Please Register or Login to download file]
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Re: WARNING, MyDrive may have been HACKED!

Postby fredderf » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:01 am

Thanks for the warning Dave...members should be made aware of these scammers tactics

It looks like its not the MyDrive Connect app that's been hacked, it's fake TomTom support websites people have found on the net that they need to be wary of.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby biggerdave » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:49 am

Agreed, apart from the very last post there which apparently happened when the punter was actually logged into MyDrive rather than searching for ""TT support" etc
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Macca-009 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:35 am

Hi guys,
I had the same experience as (so it appears) many others at the end of May. First of all, the TomTom website for MyDrive appeared to have been 'hacked': what TomTom were seeing at their end on their servers was NOT what users were seeing. Updates, maps, subscriptions etc had disappeared. Then, when connecting to the support pages, a pop-up appeared from a scam site followed by a telephone call from the scammers, requesting remote access.

Initially by using TomTom's 'bot' on their main support page, I eventually got to chat with their senior technical team and after sending them screengrabs and details of the sources of the attempted scams, managed to get them to understand that what we/users were seeing on our accounts was incomplete and different to what they thought we were seeing. Overnight on May 31st, TomTom restored a back-up of the MyDrive system to their re-booted servers and on June 1st all was returned to good health, but clearly they had been the subject of a fairly sophisticated 'attack', clever enough that from their end, it was not visible.

Edit: I forgot to mention - what the scammers were saying, was that my "out of date" version of Windows was not compatible with MyDrive Connect and I needed to install the latest version which of course, they would provide the link to (yeah right). Unfortunately for them, my version of Windows 10 Pro is the 21H1 build - out of date my ass!
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom