Voices not working on my tomtom device after installing SE_N   

Voices not working on my tomtom device after installing SE_N

Postby mrhermano » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 pm

I just installed a new navcore: SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices and a new map on my tomtom device. But none of my original voices are now working. I tried to install a new voice but my tomtom says: (translated to english) you have chosen a recorded voice. This voice cannot be used to read streetnames and messages. I get the same message when I try to use the original voices.
mrhermano offline

Postby camtrix321 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm

similar problem down graded to nx9.134 and all voices and sounds gone (tomtom 2011 xl)
reinstalled original navcore all ok overwrote with new navcore sound &voices all gone any help please
camtrix321 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 pm

@mrhermano: This is all nice but how do you expect us to help?
Please give complete infos.

@camtrix321: The XL models are always tricky when it comes to sound and using other NC's than the original.
If I'm not mistaken your current official NC from Home should be the 9.401, is there a reason you use the 9.134?
What emulation is used?
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby mrhermano » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Sorry for not giving enough info I'm new to this forum! I have a tomtom XL, bought it a year ago in the US. Had some problems installing maps before so it stopped working. That's why I installed SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb and Scandinavia map version 885.4009. Before I had a US map which I removed. The Scandinavia and the navcore is working fine with the map but none of the original voices are working. Tried to install a new voice and it is on the device but no sound. Used autoactiva 1.8.8.1 to activate everything. Please let me know if there is more info that is relevant to solve the case!
mrhermano offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Try X40 light for the emulation.
If still no luck you might have to concider using a different NC that gives you full sound.
If it is a newer XL model you might want to try the original NC first (you have to patch it!).
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby camtrix321 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:52 pm

@camtrix321: The XL models are always tricky when it comes to sound and using other NC's than the original.
If I'm not mistaken your current official NC from Home should be the 9.401, is there a reason you use the 9.134?
What emulation is used?
yes need se edition that has old style keyboard much quicker than new style plus navigation setup better in se
camtrix321 offline

Postby mrhermano » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks for your help. Sorry for asking stupid question, but I don't know what X40 is tried to search the forum for it, but didn't find anything. My tomtom is xl 4et03 I didn't know anything about gps in the start so I think I deleted the navicore without writing down which version it was do you happen to know which navicore is the original for my gps?
mrhermano offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom