Voice options on Go730 with SD card   

Voice options on Go730 with SD card

Postby Hotpants » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 am

Hi all, my Go 730 has Navcore 8.412 running the latest UK maps through my SD card. When I turn on my unit, it runs from the SD card and not the unit, which is fine. I was wondering though - as the Loquendo voices are on the unit and not the SD card, does the SD card utilise the Loquendo TTS folder on the unit, or should it be copied across onto the SD card? :confused:

Thanks

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby djc151084 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 am

If the navcore is on the sd card just copy the voices there also ;) but if you are running the navcore from the internal and map from sd card it should already pick them up.

Hotpants wrote:Hi all, my Go 730 has Navcore 8.412 running the latest UK maps through my SD card. When I turn on my unit, it runs from the SD card and not the unit, which is fine. I was wondering though - as the Loquendo voices are on the unit and not the SD card, does the SD card utilise the Loquendo TTS folder on the unit, or should it be copied across onto the SD card? :confused:

Thanks

Hotpants
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Hotpants » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:10 pm

djc151084 wrote:If the navcore is on the sd card just copy the voices there also ;) but if you are running the navcore from the internal and map from sd card it should already pick them up.

Thanks - the navcore is on the SD card so I copied the voices over. I'm away on vacation for a couple of weeks soon, so i'll have a play with putting a v9 navcore on the internal after I get back :)
Cheers

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Hotpants wrote:Thanks - the navcore is on the SD card so I copied the voices over. I'm away on vacation for a couple of weeks soon, so i'll have a play with putting a v9 navcore on the internal after I get back :)
Cheers

Hotpants

It takes less than 5 minutes to change a navcore. That's including the download time.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hotpants » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:35 pm

tendriver wrote:It takes less than 5 minutes to change a navcore. That's including the download time.

Thanks tendriver. I've downloaded the 9.053 that you mentioned in a previous post, so will try that. Do I need a matching SE ttsystem file?

Regards

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Hotpants wrote:Thanks tendriver. I've downloaded the 9.053 that you mentioned in a previous post, so will try that. Do I need a matching SE ttsystem file?

Regards

Hotpants

I had rather you use 9.051.

Download this navcore: [Please Register or Login to download file] + SE_ttsystem.9.051.503855 Both are available in post 1 of the Latest Navcores thread.

Copy in the Navcore & only the SE ttsystem File from the rar, overwriting any common files.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom