Voice controle   

Voice controle

Postby userbb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 am

What devices have voice controle (speak in the destination).
Where can I find more information about this.
Maybe it's the solution for my father.
userbb offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:46 am

userbb wrote:What devices have voice controle (speak in the destination).
Where can I find more information about this.
Maybe it's the solution for my father.

Look at these 2 charts.

Tomtom model comparison chart All that have a + in the "Mikro/ASR" column.

[Please Register or Login to download file] All that have "Voice Input" in the "Other" column.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby userbb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Thank you very usefull charts !!
userbb offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:45 pm

userbb wrote:Thank you very usefull charts !!

You are Welcome!! Enjoy!!

Question answered to your satisfaction?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Macca-009 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm

tendriver wrote:Look at these 2 charts.

Tomtom model comparison chart All that have a + in the "Mikro/ASR" column.

[Please Register or Login to download file] All that have "Voice Input" in the "Other" column.

This is interesting ... according to the chart on Wiki, the 710 had Voice Input. Now I am aware that not all TT's that say they are a 710 really are 710, most (like mine) are actually a 510 i.e. have an SD slot and no onboard memory. That aside, the navcore I'm using on THIS 510/710 has the Command & Control Icon 'greyed out' and I have no mic icon on the driving screen. This leads me to believe that although the navcore (and possibly the device) supports ASR (so does my Europe Map), there is something missing ... like an "asr" folder that I have seen referred to in some older posts. BTW, the link to the asr folder that I found, no longer works. I would rather like to try and get asr working if I can. The question is then: Am I correct in my assumption and is there an 'asr' folder (and contents) available that would work with my device/navcore combination? If either answer is no, then ok, I will carry on typing!

Macca
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Macca-009 wrote:This is interesting ... according to the chart on Wiki, the 710 had Voice Input. Now I am aware that not all TT's that say they are a 710 really are 710, most (like mine) are actually a 510 i.e. have an SD slot and no onboard memory. That aside, the navcore I'm using on THIS 510/710 has the Command & Control Icon 'greyed out' and I have no mic icon on the driving screen. This leads me to believe that although the navcore (and possibly the device) supports ASR (so does my Europe Map), there is something missing ... like an "asr" folder that I have seen referred to in some older posts. BTW, the link to the asr folder that I found, no longer works. I would rather like to try and get asr working if I can. The question is then: Am I correct in my assumption and is there an 'asr' folder (and contents) available that would work with my device/navcore combination? If either answer is no, then ok, I will carry on typing!

Macca

Carrying on typing!!

For clarification, you have a 510 , that will always be a 510, no matter what you do to it. You can emulate the software features of different devices, provided you have the hardware to support the features.
Your 510 does not have a microphone, so no Voice Input.

As a side note, you might want to edit your signature to reflect what you actually have.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Macca-009 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 pm

tendriver wrote:Carrying on typing!!

For clarification, you have a 510 , that will always be a 510, no matter what you do to it. You can emulate the software features of different devices, provided you have the hardware to support the features.
Your 510 does not have a microphone, so no Voice Input.

As a side note, you might want to edit your signature to reflect what you actually have.

Ummmm.... ok - not a prob, all understood, nearly .. My 510 came in a 510 box ... it has a label underneath that says 710 ... but to me, it has always been a 510 .. as I said, no internal memory, an SD slot ...

One further bit of clarification though - my 510 ** DOES ** have a microphone! To make sure that I'm not dreaming, I just called the wife (who is currently in town shopping) from it (well ok from my phone bluetoothed to the 510) - and not with the supplied external mic, but using the one built in.

Does that change your view a little? :lol::lol::lol:
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Macca-009 wrote:Ummmm.... ok - not a prob, all understood, nearly .. My 510 came in a 510 box ... it has a label underneath that says 710 ... but to me, it has always been a 510 .. as I said, no internal memory, an SD slot ...

One further bit of clarification though - my 510 ** DOES ** have a microphone! To make sure that I'm not dreaming, I just called the wife (who is currently in town shopping) from it (well ok from my phone bluetoothed to the 510) - and not with the supplied external mic, but using the one built in.

Does that change your view a little? :lol::lol::lol:

Yes it does. A ASR folder is included in most navcores for the GO devices. Open notepad & type the number 1. Save as support_asr.dat. Copy this created file into the ASR folder. Copy the folder into your 510.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Macca-009 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

tendriver wrote:Yes it does. A ASR folder is included in most navcores for the GO devices. Open notepad & type the number 1. Save as support_asr.dat. Copy this created file into the ASR folder. Copy the folder into your 510.

Mmmm..... Can I swear on here? Probably not ... so instead I'll say "Well, that's absolutely brilliant" .... I wonder if there's a prize for getting the first GO510 with ALG, TTS and ASR ? There's a moral here somewhere ... why buy a new TomTom ??????????????

Thank you very much for your assist - if you're in the pub tonight, there's a pint or three for you :drinks:

FYI - I used the ASR folder from the 9.054.go540-go740.CAB-navcore-GO cab downloaded from TT, everything worked first time and perfectly. Already had computer voice enabled from yesterday's 'play' with the TTS features. Oh what a happy bunny I am! Thanks to userbb too for inspiring my quest!
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Macca-009 wrote: 1. why buy a new TomTom ??????????????
2. Thank you very much for your assist - if you're in the pub tonight, there's a pint or three for you :drinks:
3. FYI - I used the ASR folder from the 9.054.go540-go740.CAB-navcore-GO cab downloaded from TT, everything worked first time and perfectly.

1. Yep!! I still use a 720.
2. You are Welcome. I'm afraid I'm on the wrong side of the "Big Pond" to collect on the pints. Give me a rain check.
3. FFR The source navcore is irrelevant. My ASR folder is quite old.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom