USA map on 910 not showing on list?   

USA map on 910 not showing on list?

Postby oldfella » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm

I downloaded "USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P_885_4097 with Automatic Installer & Patcher" & installed but the map does not show up on the map list. I have also tried activating with Fast Activate both from root and within the USA folder.
Fast Activate shows "USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P-539.meta => .dct OK! when run in the map folder and same when run in root but lists all other maps, etc.
Normally in the past if map not activated correctly the map name comes up but get error message on opening.

This appears that the TT is not recognising the file name but this appears correct from the listing in map download threads.
This is my sisters unit and have put 5 maps on, all others work OK using same procedure.
What have I done wrong?
oldfella offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 pm

oldfella wrote:I downloaded "USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P_885_4097 with Automatic Installer & Patcher" & installed but the map does not show up on the map list. I have also tried activating with Fast Activate both from root and within the USA folder.
Fast Activate shows "USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P-539.meta => .dct OK! when run in the map folder and same when run in root but lists all other maps, etc.

1. Normally in the past if map not activated correctly the map name comes up but get error message on opening.

2. This appears that the TT is not recognising the file name but this appears correct from the listing in map download threads.

This is my sisters unit and have put 5 maps on, all others work OK using same procedure.
3. What have I done wrong?

1. This is true if it is the only map on the device. Not so, if the device has other working maps installed.

2. The map folder/file name is irrelevant. It can be anything.

3. Confirm that the map is actually patched by seeing the .meta.dct file in the 885.4097 map folder.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 am

tendriver wrote:3. Confirm that the map is actually patched by seeing the .meta.dct file in the 885.4097 map folder.

Yes has .meta.dct file. I also tried deleting this file and re activating to ensure correct. Have also deleted map & re-installed completely again.
oldfella offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 am

What is your Navcore version?
If you still have the original 7.9 the map won't work as you need at least NC8.2 for the map.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 am

The Navcore is 9004-1804/090924 Boot 5.5250 and there is still 20.5MB on disk. So all should be OK system wise, 4 other 885 maps which work perfectly. Got me stumped.
oldfella offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:05 am

If you have a .DCT and the map is complete, all I could think of is a problem with the folder.
Make sure the map files are in a folder in the root and not in a sub folder, rename the problem map flder to something short an simple - like UCM885
Check if that helps.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 am

Tried that, folder = USA, copied all files, deleted meta.dct to be sure of activation, Fast activate, new DCT file. Still no go.

This started because when she did a TT update from Home it installed new System which knocked out access to maps installed, got the " problem with map" message for all maps. I took a backup, deleted full disk installed the new Navcore, reloaded and activated the maps. The maps I used were copies I had except for the 885.4097 USA. All others activated OK, (5 others). Since then though I downloaded the 890 Australia map which works my TT750 but not on the 910.
Makes me suspect something wrong in the system so downloading Downunder's 9.400.1-1020.CAB-navcore-GO.cab full backup to try.
I am out of ideas if that does not work.
oldfella offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 am

From your last statement I would say your Navcore is not patched therefor only accepting the original maps.
Before you install a new patching the NC in use might help.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 am

No sorry, the NC was patched. Unfortunately the problem seems to be going from bad to worse. My thoughts at present is that the unit may be dying. I resorted to the official NC 6.525.7714. The unit boots up OK but as soon as I try to put a newer NC on it, just replacing the files with new, as I have done in the past, unit locks up on start. Seems that it will not start the hard disk ( the main reason I do NOT like the 910 is the hard disk). Going to try going back to the backup and see what happens.
oldfella offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 am

If it is your HDD dying you can replace it with a CF card and adaptor (CF to ZIFF).
Faster and no more moving parts.
Du a check on your PC please:
Connect the TT and copy a large file, e.g. a video of a few hundret mb to the device.
The transfer should be with almost constant speed, if it stops for several seconds and gets going again a bit to stop again or slow down, it might be the bootloader that causes your problems.
If the HDD is dying and gets bad sectors the copy process will stop completely with an error.
You can also do a checkdisk to look for bad sectors but that works best after quite a few files have been copied onto the device as you might miss it otherwise.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Well reinstalling the backup did not work either. The unit went into rebooting mode. Next tried reinstall of the original, again booted OK. Then tried copy over of 9401.1-1021 but had the freeze up problem instead. Also tried Clear flash, did not help. In the meantime I loaded the USA 885-4097 maps on my 750, activated & ran OK so seems the problems are with the 910. Just about busted my download limit, your full backup crashed 1/2 way through which has not helped. Would the Basic + system file be a better bet than than the .cab files?

My guess now that it is just something astray in the systems as the HD appears to write and read OK speed of writing appears about normal. Just checked the .bif file & bootloader is 552?? Below from Bif.
TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom Go
DeviceVersionHW=GO 910
DeviceSerialNumber=xxxxxxxxxx
DeviceUniqueID=xxxxxxxxxxx
RamDiskVersion=20070417
BootLoaderVersion=552
LinuxVersion=1619
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=6525
ApplicationVersion=7714
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=
UserPassword=xxxxxx

This is back to the TT original download.

Does that help?
oldfella offline

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Just checked the .bif file and seems BL is 552!!!
TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom Go
DeviceVersionHW=GO 910
DeviceSerialNumber=xxxxxxx
DeviceUniqueID=xxxxxxxxx
RamDiskVersion=20070417
BootLoaderVersion=552
LinuxVersion=1619
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=6525
ApplicationVersion=7714
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=
UserPassword=xxxxxxx

Would this be some of the problem? I'm sure it had a LOT later BL but seems with the update from TT this may have been reset. Have checked through forum and searched but have not found the links to BL'ers. My 750 is running 55277 BL.

Have checked the HD, appears this is not the problem as seems to read/write at about the correct speed. All points to a stuffup in the system NC.
Will keep looking but any ideas appreciated.
Jim
oldfella offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 pm

552 can't be correct.
Download the attached bootloader, unpack the archive to the root of your device and reboot.

It will show up in your system as "0" but it is the 5.5128 which should be fine for your device.
After that I suggest to do a clean install of the original NC through Home,
add a suitable map,
patch and activate.
Check if the device works normal.
If so proceed a NC9 of your choice but check if the bootloader is deleted from that Navcore.
The bootloader is the file "system" - not file ending.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby oldfella » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi all
Good news, all fixed, found a self install NC 9150.55646 which included a 554646.103 BL. Did all the usual things, rebooted, installed maps, voices etc, activated, patched. Seems there was a screwup in the system, some thing TT Home started with an update, then I probably made worse by deleting all files and getting TT Home to install a new system, this came with the strange BL which made all else fall to custard.

At least I learnt a bit more, hopefully this might help some others if they find doing a search.

Thanks especially to Downunder!!:D
oldfella offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:42 pm

You welcome and don't forget to make a backup ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom