TT upgraded a while back, giving numerous problems   

TT upgraded a while back, giving numerous problems

Postby ttnewbie » Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 pm

hi guys,

i updated my TT a while back, thanks to help from forum members on here. I didn't use it for a long time, but recently i've started using it a lot more and have found many issues with it.

• Satellites take a very long time to pick up (approx 15mins)
  • The maps tell me the wrong/longer directions
  • The tt is very slow in response, but when i had older maps and navcore, the tt was very responsive
  • Many postcodes don't work on this version, yet they work find on older maps.

I'm hoping someone can once again help me update and fix the issues mentioned. Here are the details:-

TOM TOM GO 520
App: 8.002 (9117/080328) OS:164445
64MB RAM (Free 29.1mb)
GPS V1.21, BOOT 5.5250
MAP: UK & Ireland v805.1801

Could you please just give a quick reminder as to what the latest (faster) software/maps and a quick guide of what i need to do.

Thanks so much again.
ttnewbie offline

Postby biggerdave » Tue May 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Let TTHome update the application to the correct/current 8.351 then find a compatible map. Patch the new navcore/crack the map & away you go.
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 pm

ttnewbie wrote:Could you please just give a quick reminder as to what the latest (faster) software/maps and a quick guide of what i need to do.

Make a backup of your current setup using Windows Explorer.
Download this map:[color=#417394]United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3245[/color]
Download this navcore: [color=#417394]http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.205.rider3.CAB-navcore-RIDER.cab[/color]+ [color=seagreen]X_ttsystem.9.205.547817.1.rar[/color]
DownloadFastActivate ENG28.03.2011 {1.8.6.6}Read theinfo in this link.
Remove the old map folder & copy in thenew.
Copy in the Navcore & only the pre-patchedSE ttsystem & PNDNavigator files from the .rar, overwriting any common files.
Run FastActivate: Update meta.txt & Maps/Voices/Speedcams
Disconnect & Reboot. Done!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 pm

thanks biggerdave and tendriver.

tendriver - Just to clarify do i still need to follow biggerdave's instructions too or is that not necessary?
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm

ttnewbie wrote:thanks biggerdave and tendriver.

tendriver - Just to clarify do i still need to follow biggerdave's instructions too or is that not necessary?

No, his instructions are different from mine.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Tue May 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks mate. Why is it that the TT is so slow? I'm just thinking it might be that I'm using software that takes too much memory...i mean all i need is the basic features - no mp3 etc...
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

ttnewbie wrote:Thanks mate. Why is it that the TT is so slow? I'm just thinking it might be that I'm using software that takes too much memory...i mean all i need is the basic features - no mp3 etc...

RAM Memory is not an issue on a 520. I suspect because you have the navcore 9.205 bootloader installed. Navcore 8.002 bootloader is 5.5010.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

thanks mate. I don't know if you noticed, but I mentioned earlier that I also had postcode issues - it couldn't find some postcodes i typed - will this update resolve that too?
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 pm

ttnewbie wrote:I also had postcode issues - it couldn't find some postcodes i typed - will this update resolve that too?

LATEST POSTCODES Version 865 (GREAT BRITAIN, NEDERLAND & SINGAPORE) Postcode v865

Extract and copy the "Zip" folder to the root of your TomTom.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Wed May 11, 2011 4:27 pm

hi mate,

i've just followed your instructions and now when i switch on TT, I get a red screen saying: "Problem with map" error. The error also says "You cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-297"

I can't choose any other options on TT, so any help would be appreciated
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 11, 2011 4:39 pm

ttnewbie wrote:hi mate,

i've just followed your instructions and now when i switch on TT, I get a red screen saying: "Problem with map" error. The error also says "You cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-297"

I can't choose any other options on TT, so any help would be appreciated

Open your 520 with windows explorer. Open the 865 map folder. If you do not see a .meta.dct file, then your map is not patched. If navcore & map are on the internal storage memory, copy FastActivate on the internal & rerun.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Wed May 11, 2011 4:54 pm

THANKS!!!! the map now works but now i have new problem. When i touch the map screen, the whole tomtom freezes and then reboots. But if i touch the bottom screen controls, i.e vol, route etc these work fine.
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 11, 2011 5:09 pm

ttnewbie wrote:THANKS!!!! the map now works but now i have new problem. When i touch the map screen, the whole tomtom freezes and then reboots. But if i touch the bottom screen controls, i.e vol, route etc these work fine.

[color=red]Tomtom rebooting problem tips[/color]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 11, 2011 5:24 pm

I'd say at least 10% of UK postcodes in the Tomtom postcode file are wrong or missing. especially in "off road" areas like business parks etc.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ttnewbie » Wed May 11, 2011 5:36 pm

hi mate,

i've tried altering the mapsettings.cfg and deleting it, but it seems the problem might be to do with navcore. I really don't knw what to do here :S

Here is a log error if i run Tomtom Home:-

ERROR: 573/#[Please Register or Login to download file] Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
Error code: 573
Debug info from server: InvalidModelOrNavcoreException %3A
URL: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Additional information: info = [object]
info.func = [string] shop/onetimeDeviceUpdates
info.args = [object]
info.args.deviceModel = [string] go520
info.args.deviceCapabilities = [string] ArrivalSounds Bluetooth CarSymbol Caymann Documents Durham ExternalModem ExtraSounds FrequentDestinations GPRSEngine HDTraffic HTTPActivation Handsfree Hercules HerculesTraffic HidRemote HomeBackup IPOD InternalFlash Itinerary Leeway LinkVolumeToNoise LiveServices MP3 MapOverlays MapShare Microphone MultipleMaps MusicPlayer Newyork NotAutomotiveEmbedded OnDevicePayments Oxford PermanentMapCfg PhoneFeatures PhotoBMPViewer PhotoJPGViewer PhotoViewer PlusFixedSafetyCameras PlusFuelPrices PlusMobileSafetyCameras PlusOrRDSTMCTraffic PlusTripReporting Prague RDSTMC RichPOI Ringtone SDK SDSlot SMSSupported SettingsOverride SmsReceivedSound StartupImage SupportGetAMap SuspendImage TTS TTSCompressed TTSLoquendo700 TrackMe Traffic USBAccessories UserSkin VoiceBrowser VoiceRecording WarningSounds screensize=480x272
info.args.deviceParameters = [string] {"ApplicationVersion":"547817.1","ApplicationVersionVersionNumber":"9205","VehicleBrand":"","VehicleModel":""}
info.args.deviceSerial = [string] M26267A09291
info.args.deviceCode = [string] AK4AAD2DTE
info.args.deviceNavcoreVersion = [string] 9.205

info.method = [string] GET
info.useCache = [string] true
info.dryRun = [string] false
info.xmluploadbody = [object] empty

Severity: 1103
Stack:
0. chrome//tthome/content/logic/comm.js:468
xmluploadbody: this.xmluploadbody
1. chrome//tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430