Upgraded Tomtom Downloading New Maps from Tomtom Home   

Upgraded Tomtom Downloading New Maps from Tomtom Home

Postby scscomp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm

I recently updated my One v.3 to navcore 9.016 and 900.4608 map. All is working fine but, when I log in to Tomtom Home, it complains that I have an invalid configuration. I was thinking about buying a new 905 map (for USA) but, didn't think they would proceed with the transaction since I don't a an official navcore. Any suggestions?

Clarification. I realize I can roll my navcore back and TT Home will recognize the config. However, are there any 905 maps that will work for navcores that old?
scscomp offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

scscomp wrote:1. I recently updated my One v.3 to navcore 9.016 and 900.4608 map. All is working fine but, when I log in to Tomtom Home, it complains that I have an invalid configuration.
2. I was thinking about buying a new 905 map (for USA) but, didn't think they would proceed with the transaction since I don't a an official navcore. Any suggestions?
3. Clarification. I realize I can roll my navcore back and TT Home will recognize the config. However, are there any 905 maps that will work for navcores that old?

1. There is a way to stop getting that complaint.
2. Yes TT will proceed with the transaction, but why buy??
3. The navcore/map compatibility chart in post 1 of the All New Maps 905.XXXX thread has your answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby scscomp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 pm

I know there are compatible maps. The problem is, there are no USA maps with meta codes available.
scscomp offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 pm

scscomp wrote:1. I know there are compatible maps. The problem is, there are no USA maps with meta codes available.

1. This is not what you asked.
2. The 905 USA maps were just released yesterday. It will take several days for metas to start showing up.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby scscomp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 pm

You are correct. I was just responding to your question of why I should buy a map. BTW, regarding my original question, I still haven't received an answer.
scscomp offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 am

IMHO Home is as necessary as a pimple on your a... ;)
Maps are released every 3 months, so mapshare is not needed other than for your own corrections.
Voices are available in the forum, same for speedcams, ZIP codes and most other content.
The only reason one would need Home these days is after updating a very old device, AND if this update causes a reboot loop when the original mapsettings.cfg is used to keep the favourites.
And even for that is way around without Home.
The code protection is not safe anyway, so what is the reason that you thing you need Home? ;)

If you still think you need Home check for the instructions for creating a ttgo.bak and ttgo.ori, to be found everywhere in the forum.
Topics like "prevent Home from updating" have been discussed many times, in fact this topic is so old that the solution is included in every SE Navcore out there.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby scscomp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:31 am

I beg your pardon, Mr. Moderator. I guess questions about TT Home are off limits here.
scscomp offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:21 am

What do you mean? I simply pointed out why most functions in Home are no longer necessary once you get your maps for free.
So please feel free to ask if there is anything not covered in our tutorials.
As for the maps: you need to check what maps are already available for download since some maps take longer or might not be available at all.
After that check if there is also a meta code available for the map - for all maps uploaded by Popeye you will find the available codes together with the download link.
A meta not posted means map is not usable.
If a map of the current edition is unavailable or has no meta yet, you can check the previous collection (900) in the map section.
Please don't get me wrong, but it is not so hard to use the map chart and check map and meta codes ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:33 am

scscomp wrote:However, are there any 905 maps that will work for navcores that old?

Answer: The navcore/map compatibility chart in post 1 of the All New Maps 905.XXXX thread has your answer.

scscomp wrote:The problem is, there are no USA maps with meta codes available.

Answer: It will take several days for metas to start showing up.

scscomp wrote:BTW, regarding my original question, I still haven't received an answer.

Answer: My apologies. If I have not answered your question, then I don't understand what your question is.

scscomp wrote:I beg your pardon, Mr. Moderator. I guess questions about TT Home are off limits here.

Answer: You totally misunderstood what Downunder was explaining to you. I only use TT Home for mapshare, QuickGPSfix & Speedcam updates. I do reference it frequently, when answering members posts.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby scscomp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 am

No problem. Thanks for the info.
scscomp offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom