Updating an XL IQ Routes   

Updating an XL IQ Routes

Postby Andysdad » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:03 am

I have a friend's TT XL IQ Routes with old US mapping to update.

I have read a lot of posts and tutorials, esp. Downunder35m's one on "How to get the right Navcore and map working" but I'm not sure about the following possibile way to update.

Rather than empty the file structure and start from an empty device, can I simply patch the existing Navcore (9.510), remove the current map folder ("United_States" v.1010.8923), replace with the new maps ("United_States" v.1015.9160) and then run Fastactivate?

I have made a backup (including hidden files) so I can return to the original setup but I do not want to brick the device as it is not mine!

Lastly, if I patch the Navcore but keep the original map folder, will it still work OK?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me again - my previous update on a V3 One is still working fine in Australia!

A
Andysdad offline

Re: Updating an XL IQ Routes

Postby holyhead » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 am

Andysdad wrote:I have a friend's TT XL IQ Routes with old US mapping to update.

I have read a lot of posts and tutorials, esp. Downunder35m's one on "How to get the right Navcore and map working" but I'm not sure about the following possibile way to update.

Rather than empty the file structure and start from an empty device, can I simply patch the existing Navcore (9.510), remove the current map folder ("United_States" v.1010.8923), replace with the new maps ("United_States" v.1015.9160) and then run Fastactivate?
Yes

I have made a backup (including hidden files) so I can return to the original setup but I do not want to brick the device as it is not mine!

Lastly, if I patch the Navcore but keep the original map folder, will it still work OK?
Yes

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me again - my previous update on a V3 One is still working fine in Australia!

A
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Re: Updating an XL IQ Routes

Postby Andysdad » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:25 am

Holyhead,

Many thanks for that - brilliant as ever!

A
Andysdad offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom