Updates questions for TT ONE XL-S   

Updates questions for TT ONE XL-S

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:23 am

I recently acquired a TomTom ONE XL-S and want to update the maps. I ran TT Config and came up with this:
TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
BootLoaderVersion=53013
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=USA_and_Canada
CurrentMapVersion=710.1575
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

When I first ran TT Home, it told me I had to buy an update (to use the update service, you'll need the latest release of your current version) before I could get the latest map.
Weeeellllll, I downloaded the USA - Canada maps 865_3261 and ran the fast activate. When I rebooted my TT, it said that it couldn't use those maps.. I did a restore (YES I backed up first) and now TT home says I need 875.3674 but does not show the "You need this version first" file.
Do I need to update my maps in incremental steps? I've been reading and reading but have not seen anything on this,, yet.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance,

Hippy
Hippy offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:16 am

Hippy wrote:When I first ran TT Home, it told me I had to buy an update (to use the update service, you'll need the latest release of your current version) before I could get the latest map.
1. Weeeellllll, I downloaded the USA - Canada maps 865_3261 and ran the fast activate.
2. When I rebooted my TT, it said that it couldn't use those maps.. I did a restore (YES I backed up first) and now TT home says I need 875.3674 but does not show the "You need this version first" file.
3. Do I need to update my maps in incremental steps? I've been reading and reading but have not seen anything on this,, yet.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated..

1. Weeeellllll, you downloaded the USA - Canada maps 865_3261 from where?
2. Need an answer to 1 before answering this.
3. Nope.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 am

1. Downloaded from here
2. See above. ;-)
3. Thanks. I figured it was a way for TT to get more money.. BTW, the "other" file they want to sell me is like a 1K file so I can update to the latest version.. Strange..

Thanks again!

Hippy
Hippy offline

Postby biggerdave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 am

v875.3674 is the correct map for a ONE XL-S and TTHome should be offerering to update your applicaion/navcore (for FREE) from your current 8.010 to the XL-S current v 8.016
So....don't buy anything you don't need from them, just let TTHome update your navcore to the correct 8.016, grab your map from here then just run F/A Premium
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 pm

biggerdave wrote:v875.3674 is the correct map for a ONE XL-S and TTHome should be offerering to update your applicaion/navcore (for FREE) from your current 8.010 to the XL-S current v 8.016
So....don't buy anything you don't need from them, just let TTHome update your navcore to the correct 8.016, grab your map from here then just run F/A Premium

TT Home wants to charge me to update to the 8.016, I guess that's what the 1K file is. It tells me I need that file before I can update to the latest 875.xxxx maps. It does let me update the QuickGPS Fix for free but none of the version stuff. :-(

This is all REAL new to me but I do like the TT as apposed to my older Magellen GPS. THEY want $90 per map! <LOL>

Thanks in advance for any and all help..

Hippy
Hippy offline

Postby biggerdave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

That is WRONG! TTHome NEVER, EVER charge for the latest/current navcore for a PND!!!!

There should be a copy round here. Extract then copy/paste/overwrite the contents of the extrcted folder onto your device AFTER doing a full Windows backup

Once you've done that then add the 3674 map folder & try again.
Don't worry about TTHome, it's next to useless unless you want/need/have to buy something from them which is exactly what we try NOT to do here.
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby biggerdave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Just one other thought. You're asking about your ONE XL-S but your ttgo.bif shows this a ONE XL....????

Go here [Please Register or Login to download file] and tell us what it says cos an ordinary (non -S) should be on 8.010, not 8.016
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm

If my info that your unit has a sd card slot is correct, may I suggest that you update to a 9.XXX navcore & a better map.
Navcore 9.205 & a North America map or United States map, if you don't need Canada.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 pm

tendriver wrote:If my info that your unit has a sd card slot is corrrect, may I suggest that you update to a 9.XXX navcore & a better map.
Navcore 9.205 & a North America map or United States map, if you don't need Canada.

Yes it has an SD slot. Didn't think it did but it was covered with a sticky saying maps were pre installed. (DOH!)
Hippy - TOTAL GPS Newb!

Hippy offline

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:18 pm

biggerdave wrote:Just one other thought. You're asking about your ONE XL-S but your ttgo.bif shows this a ONE XL....????

Go here [Please Register or Login to download file] and tell us what it says cos an ordinary (non -S) should be on 8.016, not 8.016

I'll check tihis whem I get home tonight.. (goofing off at work). I thought that was odd also. FWIW, the first two of the serial is L4 if I remember correctly.

Thanks!
Hippy - TOTAL GPS Newb!

Hippy offline

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:20 pm

biggerdave wrote:That is WRONG! TTHome NEVER, EVER charge for the latest/current navcore for a PND!!!!

There should be a copy round here. Extract then copy/paste/overwrite the contents of the extrcted folder onto your device AFTER doing a full Windows backup

No Idea. All I know is TT Home want's like $32 for a "must have before updating maps" file that shows to be something like 1K. Then $49 for the map update..
All new and greek to me. <LOL>

Thanks!
Hippy - TOTAL GPS Newb!

Hippy offline

Postby biggerdave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:06 pm

It's not April 1st (All Fools Day) there is it????
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Hippy wrote:Yes it has an SD slot. Didn't think it did but it was covered with a sticky saying maps were pre installed. (DOH!)

Hippy wrote:I'll check tihis whem I get home tonight.. (goofing off at work). I thought that was odd also. FWIW, the first two of the serial is L4 if I remember correctly.

Thanks!

Hippy wrote:No Idea. All I know is TT Home want's like $32 for a "must have before updating maps" file that shows to be something like 1K. Then $49 for the map update..
All new and greek to me. <LOL>

Thanks!

Since you have a SD slot, this other stuff is irrelevant.

Use a 4GB SDHC card.
Download the attached file. Unzip & copy the file to your internal memory. Reboot. Now you device will support the SDHC card.
Go here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read the instructions carefully. Select SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY)

Go here: All New Maps 875.XXXX
Select: North_America_875_3613 with Automatic Installer & Patcher
For NO Canada select: United_States_2GB_875_3613 with Automatic Installer & Patcher

Put a copy of your device's ttgo.bif file on the card.
Install the 9.205 navcore & 875 map to the card following the instructions. Install the card into the device & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 pm

biggerdave wrote:It's not April 1st (All Fools Day) there is it????

Nope, why? Told you, this GPS stuff is all new to me. Learned more here in a few days than I ever could have reading TT manuals.
:-)
Hippy - TOTAL GPS Newb!

Hippy offline

Postby Hippy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 pm

tendriver wrote:Since you have a SD slot, this other stuff is irrelevant.

OK, I'll bite, why?
Hippy - TOTAL GPS Newb!

Hippy offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom