Updated tomtom isn't working properly....   

Updated tomtom isn't working properly....

Postby ttnewbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:27 pm

hi guys,

i joined this forum back in sept and thanks to many of the members on here such as tendriver, i managed to fully update the tomtom to newer maps and settings:-

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2747-Update-Go-520/page1

However, since i have been using it, i have found that after entering a postcode, the tomtom is finding a lot of incorrect addresses which at first was irritating, but now is a big issue as today i was only supposed to go about 4-5 miles to a local small nhs treatment centre, but ended up at the end of small a farm and also doing double mileage and got stuck in the snow with kids :pray:. I'm not sure if it is the postcode that is the issue or the maps, but any help would be much appreciated.

thanks guys
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:36 pm

ttnewbie wrote:hi guys,

i joined this forum back in sept and thanks to many of the members on here such as tendriver, i managed to fully update the tomtom to newer maps and settings:-

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2747-Update-Go-520/page1

However, since i have been using it, i have found that after entering a postcode, the tomtom is finding a lot of incorrect addresses which at first was irritating, but now is a big issue as today i was only supposed to go about 4-5 miles to a local small nhs treatment centre, but ended up at the end of small a farm and also doing double mileage and got stuck in the snow with kids :pray:. I'm not sure if it is the postcode that is the issue or the maps, but any help would be much appreciated.

thanks guys

The last post in your thread was in September. What map are you running now?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm

hi ten mate, its still the same map that we put on as i haven't had the chance to change anything at all.
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 pm

860 maps were released last week.

LATEST POSTCODES Version 860 (GREAT BRITAIN AND NEDERLAND) Postcode v860

Extract and copy the "Zip" folder to the root of your TomTom.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ttnewbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:49 pm

the thing is though that the map seems to be okay...its when i enter the postcodes...they tend to take me to a different area on the map...so is that a map or postcode issue?

anyway...so for postcodes i've simply overwrite the old files in the zip folder on the tomtom root, but which 860 map do i need mate and also could you quickly remind me what i need to do with the map files?

thanks so much again
ttnewbie offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm based in the uk, If you want to, PM me one of the problem postcodes and what you expect the address to be and i'll check it on my device.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ttnewbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 pm

Although the postcode problem isn't solved, as Fatboyfun is still trying to help me, i just wanted to say thank you to tendrive and Fatboyfun for all the help i received so far in updating my TT to the latest maps and postcodes...i very much appreciate it.

Thank You
ttnewbie offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 pm

ttnewbie wrote:the thing is though that the map seems to be okay...its when i enter the postcodes...they tend to take me to a different area on the map...so is that a map or postcode issue?

anyway...so for postcodes i've simply overwrite the old files in the zip folder on the tomtom root, but which 860 map do i need mate and also could you quickly remind me what i need to do with the map files?

thanks so much again

UK & IR 860.3101

Quick reminder. Remove the old map folder & copy in the new map folder. Run your patcher. Done.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom