Update service with patched system   

Update service with patched system

Postby Blump3345 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I was going to buy the map update program from TT to get the latest map so I could post the meta for it. I add it to the shopping cart for $45. But I get a "map certificate validation failure" from TT during checkout. I figured it was because I use a patched ttsystem. I restored my unpatched ttsystem and now the checkout will complete, but the checkout price changes to full price ($100). If I put my patched ttsystem back on, I get that error and can't checkout. Is there a way to get the update service with a patched system? I could wait for a meta, but I wanted to help out this time.
Blump3345 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Blump3345 wrote:I was going to buy the map update program from TT to get the latest map so I could post the meta for it. I add it to the shopping cart for $45. But I get a "map certificate validation failure" from TT during checkout. I figured it was because I use a patched ttsystem. I restored my unpatched ttsystem and now the checkout will complete, but the checkout price changes to full price ($100). If I put my patched ttsystem back on, I get that error and can't checkout. Is there a way to get the update service with a patched system? I could wait for a meta, but I wanted to help out this time.

Are you trying to do this with your device, or with TT Home or with TomTom.com?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Blump3345 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Device connected to computer, using TT Home.
Blump3345 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:19 pm

See what the price is if you buy the map update program at TomTom.com.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Blump3345 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Going through TomTom.com requires Home. The site says:

"To ensure you always drive with the latest map, we offer our Map Update Service. To get your personalised map offer, you need to have TomTom HOME installed on your desktop.
You can download and install the application now, completely free of charge. After installation, connect your device to your computer to receive your map update offer."
Blump3345 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom