Update patched map   

Update patched map

Postby ddin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi ;-)

Until now when updating my map I formatted my device's memory and went from scratch...a real pain to configure all the SCDB speedcams and general TomTom settings each time.

Is there a way to update to a new map without going from scratch and keeping my speedcam POI from SCDB and all user preferences ? As I understood, navcore needs to be patched each time a new map is patched...

Thanks ;-)
ddin offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:06 pm

ddin wrote:Hi ;-)

1.Until now when updating my map I formatted my device's memory and went from scratch...a real pain to configure all the SCDB speedcams and general TomTom settings each time.

2. Is there a way to update to a new map without going from scratch and keeping my speedcam POI from SCDB and all user preferences ?
3. As I understood, navcore needs to be patched each time a new map is patched...

Thanks ;-)

1. You have been badly misinformed. You don't have to do any of this for just a map update!! We never suggest formatting the device or a SD card, except in the most severe cases.
2. Remove the old map folder. Copy in the new map folder. Copy, from the old map folder to the new map folder, the mapsettings.cfg file and any files that you have added to the folder, speedcams, fuel, POIs, etc.
Patch the new map with FastActivate Latest Update. Done!!
3. A new navcore has to be patched, but it never has to be repatched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ddin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Great !!

Thanks ;-)
ddin offline

Updated Map - Can't find cities

Postby ddin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 am

Hello again

1. After verifying that the downloaded map is compatible with my Navcore and that a Meta code was posted I patched it with fast activate and everything went fine.
2. Starting up my tomtom, the map is recognised but I can't input a city to navigate...I get a "No city corresponds" whatever I type in the search box oO

I must of done something wrong but can't figure it out :-/

Thanks

EDIT: mapsettings.cfg file from the previous 910.xxx map seems to be the problem as by removing it, I can now find cities to navigate to...but as mentionned above, why doesn't mapsettings.cfg work with the new map then ?

EDIT2: I just changed from France_915_5106 map to Western_Europe_1GB_915_5106 with the same mapsettings.cfg file and everything is now ok...I don't think i did something wrong with the previous map as i did it a few times over again, maybe there is an issue with this map ?
ddin offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom