DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=F324...

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7301
TTSystem 5994439 bytes, modified 13-04-2013 12:56
BootLoaderVersion=53030
RDS/TMC 'mctx.dat' size 7 bytes
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0

This One XL HD Traffic is driving me nuts at the moment.
Via TT Home it is recognised but gives me no updates whatsover.

I would expect a newer NC with some 8 number.
Also it won't advise me about any new maps I could buy and install.
Also the TT site isn't giving me any information about maps to buy. The screen remains blank...

What is (not) happening here ? :bo_mini: Some help please.

I installed and activated two maps 4800 and 4754 but it doesn't find them.
Also I removed the current NC and TT Home just offered me the same NC C7.301.
Western Europe 725.1900 was the original map.

Thanks in advance!
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 am

After all the different TT models you had here I would expect a bit more.
Please start using our tutorials and get used to the procedures for maps and Navcores.
Just because you come here with a different device every week does not mean the procedures have changed in that time ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Sorry, I'm doing my best.
I do think I'm following the normal course of affairs.

I want TT to offer me the latest NC. I can't believe it's only the current version. I expected a higher NC with a 5.5xx BL.
But what I really don't understand is that both TT Home and site don't offer me any new maps. Information about which map TT advises. Why is that ? Never had that before.

I know that I can install your modified NC but I prefer not to do that at this point.

Please bear with me because I fail to see the light since 10 AM this morning.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:40 pm

It really is as simple as in the tut's: The latest NC Home offers is what is current on a TT.
Even a 910, by default only uses a V7 Navcore...
And in Terms of maps you can't expect Home to offer updates for such an oldie, you simply check on the TT website.

But I neither understand your problem nor why you expect TT to provide new NC's for devices that are no longer on sale and are to be considered very low end...
Simply do what you did many times and start to understand that Home is useless as a big pimple on your a... ;)
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah, it is an older system.
But I've been working with other TT's which were older. Specifically TT One's. But they got offered somewhat newer NC's.
And surely they still get advised about new maps.
Even more so, I used TT Home's advice to see which maps (e.g. 905.4800) they were offering me so that I knew exactly what I should look for at NT.
I am really surprised about not giving me any useful info now.

TT Home has always helped me in that respect.

But now it seems your telling me to use for instance your modified 9.485 for XL models, memory boost and hardwired sound.
And I will have to get a 5.5xxx BL.

I'm happy (and confident) to do that but I am really surprised that TT shut down it's support for this TT device.
Thanks for your wise and overseeing advice, as always highly appreciated.

(I can't help it people keep using this stuff and update it only once in five years...but, hey, you are helping to keep all these crappy devices on the road!)
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:34 pm

It is a simple matter of money.
Models like the XL series, ONE classic, 300, 500 and the X10 series are left out by TT.
They all (except the X10's) have been replaced by similar models, some even twice.
If you want to see really black you could assume that the support for all pre NC10 devices will loose support in a few years.
Not just Navcore, but maps as well.
Only as long as enough users actually buy new maps for old devices they will stay alive.
With Android taking off like a rocket it is only a matter of time until dedicated road systems will disappear altogether.
Who wants a GPS if the pad or phone does it better....

As long as we get maps we will always support the old TT's.
The current Navcores we offer will stay active anyway.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Okay, that is a clear story which makes sense.

But then again, I seems that TT support for this device (it still looks brand new) is less than for the normal TT One devices.
That's why I couldn't understand why both TT Home and the TT site offered their help in guiding me to the new maps but then left me quite literally in the blank when presenting the results.
When I connect the NC-emptied device via TT Home it at least still offers me the 'current' navcore.

TT would provide at least some service if they clearly stated that the One XL HD Traffic was not supported anymore.
By acting like this, it only makes good sense why people (like me) are updating functional devices on their own.

And, of course, all the more reason to pay hommage to you NT guys !
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Megalos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:17 pm

The ONE XL HD Traffic is an exception. The latest NC for this device is 7.301 and purchasing new maps is not supported anymore for this device. Even much older devices like the GO910 still are supported in the sense that one can still purchase new maps for these devices. But as I said, the ONE XL HD Traffic is a rare exception (in fact it's the only TomTom model as far as I know that doesn't support new maps anymore).
Megalos offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Aha, thanks for the support, my fellow Dutchman.

I was kinda sad to have disappointed Downunder to such an extent but this picks me up and cools me down somewhat. ;)

EDIT: In the meantime I've finally managed to put Downunder's NC mod to good use.
Yes, it is up and running with one map on the TT One XL HD Traffic and another map (with complete file copy) on the SDHC card.

Man, that took a lot of work...
TomTom should know where to put that 'exception' in the future...
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Please start using our tutorials and get used to the procedures for maps and Navcores.

Man, now - after all has been said and done - it suddenly dawned upon me what your were saying to me:
Of course you can't activate maps with a 7.301 NC !

Yeah, now I'm realising that the table with maps against NC's starts at 7.8xx.
But, in my mind, a map version of 905.4800 was so basic that even the simplest device would be able to work with that.

I was so stupified (and still) that TT has discontinued support for the TomTom One XL HD Traffic with SD-slot that I couldn't get my mind around that. No new maps and no update NC !
I'm gonna register a complaint with TT even though it's not my device...
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Razorblatter wrote:Even more so, I used TT Home's advice to see which maps (e.g. 905.4800) they were offering me so that I knew exactly what I should look for at NT.

I agree with Downunder. TT Home will only give you accurate map update info for a stock unit. It is worthless for map update info for a mod unit. Use the compatibility chart. It is designed for mod units!!!

Razorblatter wrote: 1. Of course you can't activate maps with a 7.301 NC !
2I was so stupified (and still) that TT has discontinued support for the TomTom One XL HD Traffic with SD-slot that I couldn't get my mind around that. No new maps and no update NC !
I'm gonna register a complaint with TT even though it's not my device...

1. The 7.301 navcore was the first thing I saw when I read post 1. Somebody should have caught this immediately.

2. Current official ONE XL navcore: 8[b][color=#ff0000].010[/b][/color]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm

tendriver, are you sure that is the current NC for the discontinued device One XL HD Trafic (with SD card) ?

As said, TT Home offers nothing to update. No NC, no maps. TT Site also gives blank screen for suitable maps.

So I think in this case you are wrong and that you are referring to another type of One XL

User Megalos sent me a very convincing news item about this device from July 2009 in which was announced that support for this item was being discontinued and that it could be returned and swapped with a new TT Live if extra was being paid.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Megalos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm

@ tendriver: That's indeed correct for the ONE XL. This topic however is about the ONE XL HD Traffic which is a different model. It was only sold in the Netherlands for a short amount of time, and TomTom discontinued support back in 2009 already.
Megalos offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:42 am

Here they sometimes offer "buy backs".
You buy a TT of the middle class or higher and can get up to 50$ for your old TT.
Quite often Lifetime map updates are included in the higher price.
Same for Garmin and Navman.
But only once these things have been offered directly, in that case from Navman, usually it is an offer from the shops after they got a price for the new units.
I checked it with a friend in need and they had a Garmin 14something on buy back for 199$, after a bit of batering we agreed on 149% without having another Garmin to give back.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:29 am

Razorblatter wrote:tendriver, are you sure that is the current NC for the discontinued device One XL HD Trafic (with SD card) ?

Megalos wrote:This topic however is about the ONE XL HD Traffic which is a different model. It was only sold in the Netherlands for a short amount of time

Thanx for the correction. I am aware of the One XL HD Traffic & it's short life but am not familiar with all of it's specs. I referenced several comparison/spec charts, that I use from time to time. A couple of them did not list this unit. The ones that did, listed 8.010 as being current. First time these charts have been wrong.

At the end of the day, it matters not what the current navcore and/or map is for this unit, and/or whether TT still supports it or not. There only 2 options: mod it or toss it. This entire thread is pretty much a waste of time, other than Razorblatter learning why he couldn't use new maps with the navcore listed in post 1, as well as understanding that TT Home & TT.com are worthless as an accurate source of update info for a modded device.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom