Unable to "Manage POIs£   

Unable to "Manage POIs£

Postby Hamish » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Since downloading an update for QuickFixGPS from TTHome I have been unable to manage POIs - device thinks for 15-20 seconds then reboots - Change Preferences\Manages POIs - other options in Change Preferences work.
I would like to get the ability to add POI categories and POIs back. Checked the 9.026 files on the GO against the original 9.026 downloaded in 2010 and seems OK, except that the original downloaded NC has a file "system", 07/07/2008, 738 KB which is no longer on my device - should it be and what is it for?
Hamish offline

Re: Unable to "Manage POIs£

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:56 am

Hamish wrote:the original downloaded NC has a file "system", 07/07/2008, 738 KB which is no longer on my device - should it be and what is it for?

The "system" file is your bootloader. The first time a unit, with a new bootloader [system file], is started, the new bootloader is installed. The "system" file never does another thing, unless it is moved to another unit.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom