unable to activate speed cams and fuel prices   

unable to activate speed cams and fuel prices

Postby manc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,

Please could anyone help?

I am using tomtom one v2 with 8398 navcore and Europe truck 895.4448.

I have installed the latest fuel prices and European speed cams. I have tried using the latest fast activate 03.09.2012.

It doesn't patch the fuel prices and all I get is: safety cam IE Premium.ov2 dct. OK for the for the speed cams.

Thanks
manc offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:32 am

manc wrote:Hi,

Please could anyone help?

I am using tomtom one v2 with 8398 navcore and Europe truck 895.4448.

I have installed the latest fuel prices and European speed cams. I have tried using the latest fast activate 03.09.2012.

It doesn't patch the fuel prices and all I get is: safety cam IE Premium.ov2 dct. OK for the for the speed cams.

Thanks

The fuel & speed cam files go in the map folder. Put FA 1.8.9.0 & a copy of your device's ttgo.bif in the map folder & re-patch.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby manc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks for your help.

The fuel, speed cam files and FA 1.8.9.0 were in the map folder. I copied the ttgo.bif to map folder but has made no difference?
manc offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 pm

manc wrote:Thanks for your help.

The fuel, speed cam files and FA 1.8.9.0 were in the map folder. I copied the ttgo.bif to map folder but has made no difference?

What are you using as an indicator that fuel & speed cams are not patched?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby manc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:37 pm

I have managed to activate both the fuel and speed cams. For some some reason when I ran FA 1.8.9.0 from the desktop it worked?

Another issue has arouse since updating to the latest map. I know it may sound silly but menus now change randomly on their own accord?
manc offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 pm

manc wrote:I have managed to activate both the fuel and speed cams. For some some reason when I ran FA 1.8.9.0 from the desktop it worked?

Another issue has arouse since updating to the latest map. I know it may sound silly but menus now change randomly on their own accord?

Please do us & yourself a big favor & learn how to post problems in detail, not in generalities. "menus now change randomly on their own accord?" tell us nothing.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby manc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 pm

How else am I suppose to explain a random issue in detail? I dont like your tone, you have been no help, this forum is useless, I will not be using it in future. Thanks for nothing I will resolve the issue myself.
manc offline

Postby dieselman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 pm

I beg your pardon! This forum is brilliant. Ask a sensible question and you get a sensible answer. maybe you should visit simples forum noemxxx.org
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 am

manc wrote:1. How else am I suppose to explain a random issue in detail?
I dont like your tone,
2. You have been no help, this forum is useless, I will not be using it in future.
3. Thanks for nothing I will resolve the issue myself.

1. What menu on what page. What the menu changes from. What the menu changes to. Is the changed menu functional. What you did just prior to the change. Does it change back to the previous menu by itself. Does a reset have any effect.
2. no help??? Did not post 2 answer post 1? Was not post 4 a valid question to get more detailed info about post 3? Was not post 6 a valid request in order to get info that was needed to answer post 5? How much help was your statement "menus now change randomly on their own accord?" to us?
3. I wish you GOOD LUCK!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby manc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 am

@ dieselman I am entitled to my opinion. Yes, this website is very informative, its the attitude of the mods I take issue with - Ive used simples site and the moderators don't treat you like an idiot! Ive had plenty pm from members agreeing about the attitude of the mods on here. That doesn't include fatboy who is patient and helpful.

@ tendriver I don't need luck I have resolved the issue myself. Why didn't you ask those questions in the first place give me opportunity to answer instead of the sardonic response? I had already done the things you suggested in post 4. I only managed to resolve the issue when I tried using FA outside the map folder.
manc offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 am

The weird thing is that all these complaints that the mods here are not helpful or would not treat you in a way you like is simple:

1. they don't post any relevant data
2. they can't even use a thread title that points towards the problem
3. they never use the search, read the tutorials or instructions provided in the thread they just read to download things
4. if you remind them on how to post details properly or tell them to check the tuts first you get abused

So what do you want? Someone holding your hand, explaining every single keystroke on your keyboard?
Get real! If you start modding anything it means you need to some homework, Tomtom is no different but a lot easier as for example flashing a no name China GPS.
There is no user that asked in a nice manner that did not get a proper answer!
Questions like "My TT does not work after installing the new map. What can do?" are not just useless, they are rubbish and if a user does not have the brains and time to do some reading before posting such crap he get's an answer is the same way ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

manc wrote:1. @ tendriver I don't need luck I have resolved the issue myself.
2. Why didn't you ask those questions in the first place give me opportunity to answer instead of the sardonic response?
3. I had already done the things you suggested in post 4. I only managed to resolve the issue when I tried using FA outside the map folder.

1. Thanx for the update. Congrats.
2. In post 5 you indicated that your initial issue was resolved, but that you had a new issue, which you described in general terms. In post 6, I requested that you help us, so we could help you, by describing your new issue in detail. Post 6 was not sardonic, sadistic or sarcastic.
3. No dispute from me. You clearly stated this in post 5, along with your new issue.

Final comment: We are volunteers here for no other reason than to help our members. We do this on our own time & for no pay. We are very good at what we do, but we are not mind readers. Our help is only as good as the detailed information that the members give us. We DO NOT HAVE TIME to ask for the detailed info, that members are expected to provide us.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 pm

yes manc of course you are entitled to your opinion and i'm pleased you got your problem sorted. you might not have liked tendrivers response to your question but i bet his response was very quick. there's not another forum i've come across where every question is replied to as fast as on this one, usually by tendriver himself and his knowledge and experience is unsurpassed in my opinion. when you see some of the questions he's asked it's non the wonder his patience wears a little thin at times.
the best of luck to you on your travels manc.
dieselman offline

Postby manc » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:50 am

I appreciate your volunteers, sorry if I caused offense.

I do have the brains I should have carried out further troubleshooting before posting. I am new to GPS very much learning as I go.

Thanks
manc offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 pm

manc wrote:I appreciate your volunteers, sorry if I caused offense.

I do have the brains I should have carried out further troubleshooting before posting. I am new to GPS very much learning as I go.

Thanks

Let's just call it a lesson learned. What is in the past, stays in the past. Today is a new day, as we move forward.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom