re: tutorial "How to get maximum available RAM on small devi   

re: tutorial "How to get maximum available RAM on small devi

Postby mrlongest » Thu May 26, 2011 2:39 pm

There doesn't seem to be any way to post directly a reply in the tutorial thread. The author requested feedback. Hence this thread...

For bmwdriver: I used the downloaded copy of your SD card containing NC8.545, and I'm very pleased to report great success! On another SD card I run NC8.204 quite successfully, but I have to say that your NC8.545 results in some additional 3 MB of free RAM.

Emulation x40 gives more usable menu options on my ONE XL than any of the other emulations you provided in your 'configuration' download.

The 'reskin' method of trying out various emulations is very effective. Where did that method originate?

The v9. series of navcores I've tried, are too 'heavy' for my 32MB RAM ONE XL...

I'm very impressed! Thanks...
mrlongest offline

Postby bmwdriver » Sun May 29, 2011 10:59 am

mrlongest wrote:Emulation x40 gives more usable menu options on my ONE XL than any of the other emulations you provided in your 'configuration' download

Thats true, but not all of these features are useable on all devices.

The 'reskin' method of trying out various emulations is very effective. Where did that method originate?
DSA started this way a few releases ago.

The v9. series of navcores I've tried, are too 'heavy' for my 32MB RAM ONE XL...
You should try my other NCs (if you like) ;-)

I'm very impressed! Thanks...

You are welcome.
Go 730 + Best NavCore for Go x30, One 2nd edition + Urban Rider Special or Latest NC
bmwdriver offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby mrlongest » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:44 pm

bmwdriver
I've just spend an interesting afternoon trying out on my ONE XL (using an SD card) the 4 v9 NCs you've listed elsewhere (9058a, 9061a, 9151a and 9160a). Conclusions, using same voice (Serena TTS) and the x40 reskin):
1. All worked fine, except no RDS-TMC available with 9061a.
2. All left around 2 to 3.5 MB free RAM. Whereas your 8545a NC leaves some 4.5 MB (same setup).
3. It confirms my earlier finding - I prefer the 'driving view' on v8 NCs better than the v9 ones.
Thanks again
mrlongest offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom