TTS Voices and POI voices on HTC with TT7 wm 6.5   

TTS Voices and POI voices on HTC with TT7 wm 6.5

Postby possessed » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi yall iv managed to do everything on my own up to this point so some clarity would be most appreciated.

Firstly is it possible to get spoken streed names on PDA windows mobile devices ?
Some research people have suggested it is but icannot find a link or tutorial to do it....

I also wonder if its possible to have POI's spoken or is this apart of the same function, i did read that this is possible also but i cant find the link again :(

I have created a .ogg file with a text to speech program to do this for things like speed camera;s and stuff like that but the voices suck.
For anyone interested who wanted to do this or use any sound for any POI all you do is save it as an .ogg
and call it the same as the POI and place it in the same directory, then when u manage POI and alerts its automatically selected.

Anyway id appreciate any help on these cheers.
possessed offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:10 pm

TTS voices do not work on WinMob/CE versions of Tomtom, It's not supported, You can record any sound you like for poi's and convert to .ogg format, That's how the speedcam alerts work, But they're just recordings not computer generated speech like TTS.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom