TTS voice problem after upgrade to Navcore 9   

TTS voice problem after upgrade to Navcore 9

Postby pqt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:35 pm

I have a XL330S (aka ONE XL v9). Tried upgrades to navcore 9.026 and 9.051 to get support for IQR and ALG. Beside a slowdown in speed (which is understandable with that hardware) there is a MAJOR downer regarding the computerized voices (VocalizerTTS), especially the non-US ones (French in this case) which spell text instead of pronouncing it.
According to info on TomTom website ([Please Register or Login to download file] ), that bug should have been fixed in v9.024 onward.
Has anyone noticed the same problem and be able to fix it?
pqt offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 pm

pqt wrote:I have a XL330S (aka ONE XL v9). [color="red"]1.[/color] Tried upgrades to navcore 9.026 and 9.051 to get support for IQR and ALG. Beside a slowdown in speed (which is understandable with that hardware) there is a MAJOR downer regarding the computerized voices (VocalizerTTS), especially the non-US ones (French in this case) which spell text instead of pronouncing it.
According to info on TomTom website ([Please Register or Login to download file] ), that bug should have been fixed in v9.024 onward.

1. Any navcore 8.841 or newer will support IQ/ALG.
2. Have you tried a different emu to solve the voice problem?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pqt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 pm

tendriver wrote:1. Any navcore 8.841 or newer will support IQ/ALG.
2. Have you tried a different emu to solve the voice problem?

What do you mean by trying a different emu ?
pqt offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:26 pm

pqt wrote:What do you mean by trying a different emu ?

The SE navcores in the Latest Navcore thread allows you to emulate (emu) different TT models. Ex, x20 emulates GO x20 models, x30 emulates GO x30 etc.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pqt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:35 pm

tendriver wrote:The SE navcores in the Latest Navcore thread allows you to emulate (emu) different TT models. Ex, x20 emulates GO x20 models, x30 emulates GO x30 etc.

I see. No, I only tried the Original emu since I don't want to slow down the system further. Anyway, I'll give it another try with a 8.41 navcore to see if it would make any differences :fingers_crossed:
pqt offline

Postby djc151084 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 pm

pqt wrote:I have a XL330S (aka ONE XL v9). Tried upgrades to navcore 9.026 and 9.051 to get support for IQR and ALG. Beside a slowdown in speed (which is understandable with that hardware) there is a MAJOR downer regarding the computerized voices (VocalizerTTS), especially the non-US ones (French in this case) which spell text instead of pronouncing it.

Did you install the basicpack of 9.026 or 9.051 and used a outsorced + config folder to save some ram
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pqt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 pm

djc151084 wrote:Did you install the basicpack of 9.026 or 9.051 and used a outsorced + config folder to save some ram

Yes,I did. Anyway, I've installed Navcore 8.414 and will give it a spin to see if it works out. Will be reporting back.
pqt offline

Postby pqt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:53 pm

pqt wrote:Yes,I did. Anyway, I've installed Navcore 8.414 and will give it a spin to see if it works out. Will be reporting back.

Good news,bad news...
On my way to destination, the French voice (TTS) is almost perfect, but later on, on the way back home, there's NO voices at all even though I haven't touched any settings.
I'm really at a loss now :chok_mini:
pqt offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:13 am

pqt wrote:Good news,bad news...
On my way to destination, the French voice (TTS) is almost perfect, but later on, on the way back home, there's NO voices at all even though I haven't touched any settings.

On a long shot, go to Main Menu, Change preferences & confirm you see "Turn off voice guidance. If you see "Turn on voice guiidance, then it is OFF. Left click it to turn it back on.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pqt » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:51 am

tendriver wrote:On a long shot, go to Main Menu, Change preferences & confirm you see "Turn off voice guidance. If you see "Turn on voice guiidance, then it is OFF. Left click it to turn it back on.

The icon "Turn off voice guidance" is there, so the voice's supposed to be ON. And now on top of all that, the device keeps turning itself OFF after a few minutes, something that never happened before! (and NO,I didn't check the box "turn device off when external power is lost". It does it even when connected via USB) :scratch_one-s_head_:
pqt offline

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:41 am

pqt wrote:Good news,bad news...

I know it is a daft question but you will be supriesd how many people make this error, you said on the way there it was fine and on the way back no voice, this to me indacates that you did not have the sat nav on charge ? what was the battery status when the voices went ??
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pqt » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:51 am

djc151084 wrote:I know it is a daft question but you will be supriesd how many people make this error, you said on the way there it was fine and on the way back no voice, this to me indacates that you did not have the sat nav on charge ? what was the battery status when the voices went ??

The device was plugged in all the time via the car charger.
pqt offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom