TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German) + Inst   

TTS Vocalizer voices (also Dutch, Italian and German) + Inst

Postby Megalos » Fri May 21, 2010 6:54 am

TomTom on the iPhone uses Vocalizer voices (in many languages). I modified these voices to make them work on a PND. This way, besides US English, Spanish and French speaking people, also Dutch, German and Italian speaking people are able to use TTS on their 32MB RAM devices. (The US English, Spanish and French Vocalizer voices are already available for a long time.)

[color="#FF0000"]UPDATE 4/11/2013: I have removed all files as they were taken offline for legal reasons. I'm not re-uploading any files, and only instructions will remain listed in this post. Sorry.[/color]

[color="red"][!][/color] Please install only one computer voice at a time, otherwise some voices will possibly remain silent.

[color="red"][!][/color] There are several people having problems with strange pronunciation of streetnames (or some strange words just before the streetname). This is a known problem and, so far, there is one solution: Use any NC8 or NC 9.024. Two other - possible - solutions are: 1. Deselect the 'Read aloud foreign street names' option in the 'Voice preferences' menu and 2. Go in the menu and tick 'Change Map' and then reselect the same map. I hope this may help people who have this problem.

Instructions:

1. Download the .rar file.
2. In the .rar file there is a folder, rename that folder to VocalizerTTS
3. Put that VocalizerTTS folder in the root of your TT, or in the root of your SD-card.
4a. If you have a TT with the official NavCore installed and your TT officially supports TTS, go to step 5.
4b. If you have a TT with the official NavCore installed and your TT does not officially support TTS, you need to install one of the SE NavCores. After that, go to step 4c.
4c. If you have an SE NavCore, make sure there is no 'ttsoff' line in the setconfig.txt file.
5. Select the TTS voice in the voice settings on your TT.

Please let me know when some voice is not working or if you have other questions.

================================
Changelog:
- (3/2/2010) Re-uploaded the Serena voice because it was not working (the voice remained silent).
- (4/2/2010) Added English US Samantha voice.
- (27/2/2010) Added instructions
- (2/3/2010) Fixed the instructions (they were wrong).
- (5/11/2010) Added a fix for Dutch users
- (17/12/2010) Some pronunciation improvements have been made to the Serena voice. Re-uploaded the voice.
- (26/10/2011) Reuploaded all voices.
- (28/11/2011) Added a Dutch female voice: Claire
- (04/11/2013) Removed all links due to legal reasons
Megalos offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Megalos » Fri May 21, 2010 10:15 am

At this place http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?926-VOICES-VocalizerTTS, there are some addidtional VocalizerTTS voices besides the ones in the previous post.
Megalos offline

Postby Megalos » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 pm

There are several people having problems with strange pronunciation of streetnames (or some strange words just before the streetname). This is a known problem and, so far, there is one solution: Use any NC8 or NC 9.024. Three other - possible - solutions are: 1. Deselect the 'Read aloud foreign street names' option in the Voice preferences, 2. Use v850 maps and 3. Go in the menu and tick 'Change Map' and then reselect the same map. I hope this may help people who have this problem.
Megalos offline

Postby fastmart » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Vocalizer download links not working, any chance of posting them again, cheers
fastmart offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:32 pm

fastmart wrote:Vocalizer download links not working, any chance of posting them again, cheers

Please post a couple of the links, that you are referring to.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby fastmart » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Downloads in post #1

English (British) Female - Serena > Click
English (US) - Samantha > Click

Rapidshare download not available
fastmart offline

Postby fastmart » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Downloads in post#1 of this thread
English (British) Female - Serena > [Please Register or Login to download file]

English (US) - Samantha > [Please Register or Login to download file]
fastmart offline

Postby Megalos » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 pm

fastmart wrote:Vocalizer download links not working, any chance of posting them again, cheers

Thanks for letting me know. I've re-uploaded all files.
Megalos offline

Postby Megalos » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:10 pm

For the Dutch users who have the Xander voice, I have some news. I discovered that when Xander says: "Houd links/rechts aan", the word "aan" is actually pronounced as "an". The solve this problem, you can overwrite the \VocalizerTTS\dun\speech\components\rex_dun.dat file with the rex_dun.dat file in the attachment.
Megalos offline

Postby funtime » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:10 am

Hello all experts in this forum.I have been searching internet hig and low after a Swedish voice that works with Vocalizer TTs.I tried with Samanta
and Tom and they are working well.Please give an anwer if a swedish voice is avaible.Kindly regards.If i get this problem solved here i will donate
for the very good work here.:helpsos:
funtime offline

Postby Megalos » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 am

A Swedish voice is not available yet, unfortunately.
Megalos offline

Postby handsyhands » Sun May 15, 2011 1:21 am

Hi, having the same problem with GO520 running truck NC8.398 on an SD card with 865.3255 Europe Truck Map (all working), normal voices work fine but not computer voices. Have installed Serena as instructed and she shows on my TT but still no sound. Have tried reinstalling the NC, tried different NC versions, uninstalled ALL voices then reinstalled one at a time, still not working for computer voice ... any ideas? I've just spent two days going through every thread on here and starting to get just a teensy weensy little bit despondant. Can anyone help?
handsyhands offline

Postby tendriver » Sun May 15, 2011 1:48 am

handsyhands wrote:Hi, having the same problem with GO520 running truck NC8.398 on an SD card with 865.3255 Europe Truck Map (all working), normal voices work fine but not computer voices. Have installed Serena as instructed and she shows on my TT but still no sound. Have tried reinstalling the NC, tried different NC versions, uninstalled ALL voices then reinstalled one at a time, still not working for computer voice ... any ideas? I've just spent two days going through every thread on here and starting to get just a teensy weensy little bit despondant. Can anyone help?

Why are you trying to use "normal voices" & VocalizerTTS computer voices on a unit that is designed for LoquendoTTS voices?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby handsyhands » Sun May 15, 2011 8:55 am

Basically ... My GO520 is running on NC8.398 with 865.3245 maps and has Kate, Jane & Tim preinstalled voices and all work fine, I prefer the computer voice. I've recently installed Truck 865.3255 maps and NC 8.398 to an SD card to run in conjuction and everything works fine except for the computer voice. If I take the SD out the unit returns to original and all voices work. I found a thread which suggested a problem with Loquendo and that installing Vocalizer Serena was the solution ... except it hasn't worked, although as previously, she works fine on the original TTNC.
handsyhands offline

Postby biggerdave » Sun May 15, 2011 9:51 am

I agree with TD, you should certainly be using LoquendoTTS voices, not Vocaliser.
Have you tried copying your LoquendoTTS folder across to the SD card (or even let TTHome "add computer voices")
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom