TT720. Possible Digitizer failure?   

TT720. Possible Digitizer failure?

Postby roydrage » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:51 pm

Not used my TT for two months. Connected it to my laptop to see if any corrections on TT Home and of course TT Home wanted to install "critical update", as per usual, updated to latest and ran. Pretty certain that the "YES" button worked when asked if I wanted to connect to computer. TT Home found only Quick GPS fix so I ran that and ejected the TT via the bottom right button on TT Home.
When I powered up the TT720 and the legal screen appeared I went to press "Agree" and nothing. Pressed around it in case the calibration had somehow gone awry and still nothing. I have another SD card with TT Truck and tried that, I was able to select a vehicle, a car I think, from the top left of screen. Again the legal screen and again no response.
I am not going to attribute the failure to my connecting the device to TT Home but certainly wish I had tried it before connecting to my computer. As for TT Home, the latest version broke and would not load later on. I tried holding the rest button in for a million seconds and also ran clear flash with no success.
Has anyone seen this particular fault? If the digitizer layer has failed I have the tools and the hands to effect a replacement but I can probably buy a 720 for around £20/25 from the usual auction site.

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 720
DeviceVersionHW=GO 720
DeviceSerialNumber=M6xxxxxxxxxx
BootLoaderVersion=55120
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9541
ApplicationVersion=3145439.1
CurrentMap=Europe_1030_9519
CurrentMapVersion=1030.9519
I know the maps are ancient, its one reason why I brought device and computer together to refresh my knowledge before looking for newer maps.
PS, its nice to see the site still going.
roydrage offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom