Truck Maps with mapsettings problem   

Truck Maps with mapsettings problem

Postby colinallan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi, I have made up the truck on 8.395 and all the other version of the work navcore on a go510 go720 and go730 but no matter what i try i get the same problem, which is the Tomtom just reboots after it has been working, however when i delete the mapsettings.cfg file it works perfect again. I have come to the conclusion its something to do with adding favourites or home address but after so long it must get corrupted and stops the Tomtom to boot up. Is there a fix or a reason for why this is happening any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Colin.:helpsos:
colinallan offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:31 pm

colinallan wrote:Hi, I have made up the truck on 8.395 and all the other version of the work navcore on a go510 go720 and go730 but no matter what i try i get the same problem, which is the Tomtom just reboots after it has been working, however when i delete the mapsettings.cfg file it works perfect again. I have come to the conclusion its something to do with adding favourites or home address but after so long it must get corrupted and stops the Tomtom to boot up. Is there a fix or a reason for why this is happening any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Colin.:helpsos:

How To Keep your Favorites When Upgrading Map
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby colinallan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks Tendriver i was hoping there was a app or something to clear the mapsetting file on the tomtom it self as it always seems to stop working when im going to plan the route back from somewhere so have to wait till i get home to fix it.

Thanks Colin
colinallan offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:30 pm

colinallan wrote:Thanks Tendriver i was hoping there was a app or something to clear the mapsetting file on the tomtom it self as it always seems to stop working when im going to plan the route back from somewhere so have to wait till i get home to fix it.

Thanks Colin

The mapsettings.cfg file is created by your device, as you enter map settings, such as your home location, etc. You can follow the instructions in post 2 or delete the file & let your device build a new one.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby colinallan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks again tendriver, i do that at the moment, but i was wishing the was a way or a little program or command to set in config to delete the mapsettings file on every boot a bit like delgns and delmap.
Thanks Colin
colinallan offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 pm

colinallan wrote:Thanks again tendriver, i do that at the moment, but i was wishing the was a way or a little program or command to set in config to delete the mapsettings file on every boot a bit like delgns and delmap.
Thanks Colin

Bad idea. You would have to reselect all the info that it contains, everytime you booted.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby colinallan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 pm

well it looks like i will be getting another memory card as a back up thanks very much for the support.
Thanks Colin
colinallan offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 pm

colinallan wrote:well it looks like i will be getting another memory card as a back up thanks very much for the support.
Thanks Colin

You are Welcome. Keep us posted.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom