TRUCK maps on TOMTOM 30 with IQR   

TRUCK maps on TOMTOM 30 with IQR

Postby bheart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi

I have three (3) TomTom satnavs and my latest device is a TomTom 30 with ALG and IQR and I have a few questions which I would appreciate help with please:

1. What the capacity is of the onboard storage on the TT30?

2. Having said that, would the storage capacity be large enough to install the latest 'Europe TRUCK Map' and associated software on?

3. If so, I've been looking at Europe Truck Maps 880 3845 and 880 3812; which of these maps would be best for installing on my TomTom 30 and would the downloaded map have HGV POI's already integrated into the map software? I.e. Height, Weight and Width restrictions?

4. Finally, these forums and many members like 'tendriver', have helped make downloading and installing the latest TomTom software onto my ONE 1st and 3rd editions an easy job but, is there anything I should know that is different when installing to my TomTom 30 IQR?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

bheart wrote:Hi

I have three (3) TomTom satnavs and my latest device is a TomTom 30 with ALG and IQR and I have a few questions which I would appreciate help with please:

1. What the capacity is of the onboard storage on the TT30?

2. Having said that, would the storage capacity be large enough to install the latest 'Europe TRUCK Map' and associated software on?

3. If so, I've been looking at Europe Truck Maps 880 3845 and 880 3812; which of these maps would be best for installing on my TomTom 30 and would the downloaded map have HGV POI's already integrated into the map software? I.e. Height, Weight and Width restrictions?

4. Finally, these forums and many members like 'tendriver', have helped make downloading and installing the latest TomTom software onto my ONE 1st and 3rd editions an easy job but, is there anything I should know that is different when installing to my TomTom 30 IQR?

Regards, BHeart

1. With your TT 30 connected, open Windows Explorer. Scroll down the left side to the "Drive" for the unit. Right click it, then Properties. You will see the total capacity & used capacity.

2. No. The max storage on a 30 is 2GB. The 3845 map is 2.52GB.

3. There is not a Truck 880.3812. Look closer at post 1 of the 880 map thread & you will see.

4. No. All models, except the newer ones that have v10 & v11 navcores, load the same way.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bheart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:46 pm

tendriver wrote:1. With your TT 30 connected, open Windows Explorer. Scroll down the left side to the "Drive" for the unit. Right click it, then Properties. You will see the total capacity & used capacity.

2. No. The max storage on a 30 is 2GB. The 3845 map is 2.52GB.

3. There is not a Truck 880.3812. Look closer at post 1 of the 880 map thread & you will see.

4. No. All models, except the newer ones that have v10 & v11 navcores, load the same way.

Hi tendriver

Thank you for your reply.

So basically, there are no truck maps that will fit onto my TomTom 30?

If that is the case, then I have a 4gb hi capacity SD card so I could install a truck map on it for use on my TomTom ONE 1st Edition?

If that is the case, which EURO truck map (with UK & ROI) and NC would best to use?

Regard, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:25 pm

bheart wrote:Hi tendriver

Thank you for your reply.

1. So basically, there are no truck maps that will fit onto my TomTom 30?

2. If that is the case, then I have a 4gb hi capacity SD card so I could install a truck map on it for use on my TomTom ONE 1st Edition?

3. If that is the case, which EURO truck map (with UK & ROI) and NC would best to use?

Regard, BHeart

1. No. The truck map & navcore require over 2.5GB of storage memory.
2. The Truck map & navcore don't run very on 32MB units, but you can give it a go.
3. There is only 1 current Truck map, Europe Truck Maps 880 3845 & 1 current Truck navcore 8.398.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby biggerdave » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:11 pm

::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Don't want to offend you BD, but as far I can check you have no version especially for 32mb devices on offer ;)
My version of course can only work on devices with an SD card due to the map size but is confirmed to give about 8mb of free ram on a 32mb device with an active Truck route from Denmark to Rome.
With LoquendoTTS you still get about 6to7mb of free Ram.
This was possible due to the use of swap files that keep unsued parts of the Navcore out of the memory and to some other memory management stuff done by DSA8310.
If you have a 32mb device at hand you might want to try and compare to your versions - I would not mind if you decide to add this version to your collection for completion.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby biggerdave » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:06 pm

No offence taken whatsoever d/u. My x00 & One XL version was based around yours anyway and although I don't have a 32mb device handy, I've used this SE version in many Ones (v1-4), One XL's, 300's & 500's before with no problem.

PS speedy recovery too
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom