[SOLVED] Trouble with 925 maps (dct error)   

[SOLVED] Trouble with 925 maps (dct error)

Postby zazalafouine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi,

Just a little hint for those who like me having hard time with dct error on map activation.

Device : XL Live IQ route edition
Navcore : 9.510
bootloader : 55138

from the post regarding 925.XXXX maps i've tried several of them without ay success using fastactivator (20/02/2014) like :
from tendriver post i've tried (which took me hours to get it all : around 40mn/200MB... nevermind, it's available at least :P) :
Europe_West_925_5439
Europe_West_925_5412
and from maybe's post i've took (which were very fast to download : around 4mn for the whole package):
Europe_West_925_5412
Europe_West_925_5439

So whatever i tried : format, full reinstall, downgrade navcore, patch map out of gps or in, without antivirus (avast), creating myself a meta.txt , using fastactivator's one , and so on, i never reached to get a successfull dct file for the downloaded maps... rageous ...
in last resort i choose to check with another activator and found easyActivator wich doesn't worked out of gps but flawlessly worked launched from gps folder !
(when i say out of gps , i mean from map folder on my PC, and when i say in , i mean at gps root dir)

So i can just advice to give it a try if fastactivator doesn't work : Violation of Forum Rule 6. Disallowed links
This one worked just having the meta.txt file separatly and ttgo.bif.

if that can help and save time to some of us :)

BR
Zaza
zazalafouine offline

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble with 925 maps (dct error)

Postby tendriver » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:14 am

zazalafouine wrote:1. So whatever i tried : format, full reinstall, downgrade navcore, patch map out of gps or in, without antivirus (avast), creating myself a meta.txt , using fastactivator's one , and so on, i never reached to get a successfull dct file for the downloaded maps... rageous ...
2. in last resort i choose to check with another activator and found easyActivator wich doesn't worked out of gps but flawlessly worked launched from gps folder !
So i can just advice to give it a try if fastactivator doesn't work : Violation of Forum Rule 6. Disallowed links

1. FastActivate works perfectly each and every time without fail, simply by putting FastActivate.exe, a FastActivate or User generated meta.txt file, if it was necessary to create one & a copy of the device's ttgo.bif file in the folder of the map being patched. Any issue that you had with FastActivate was due to USER ERROR, not FastActivate!!
2. Albert's EasyActivator 6.15 (23/03/13) is available here: tomtom-tools-f127/albert-easyactivator-t12699.html
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble with 925 maps (dct error)

Postby zazalafouine » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 am

I've perfectly understood that ttgo.bif and a correct meta are the simple basic needs for activation, that was why i looked around and around to find out my mistake in a lot of forum pages, FAQ (here and everywhere else) BUT i made no mistake:

I tried the ttgo.bif saved before update (created under navcore 8.xx) that i used to activate an old map using fastactivate but this also fails in and out of the gps,
I've also tried to double check the map meta in others forums, tried to rewrite many time the meta.txt in different way, with and without ";" comments before, after, in line, without comments , from fastactivate updated_meta.txt, with the one i need on top or at the end of the file,
I tried to recreate the ttgo.bif many times changing some infos inside to reproduce the old ttgo.bif i had .
I tried with and without antivirus,
I tried several map thinking some .meta file were corrupted
I've made a format of the GPS reinstalling all the stuff using TomtomHOME to have proper files,
I've followed several FAQ method given at http://www.navitotal.com/tutorials-f80/freshly-installed-map-not-working-t13390.html ,
so i've well RTFM before any complains like "that don't work" etc...

I'm not a newbie at this sport so i can ensure you THERE IS a trouble with fastactivate on MY system/gps at least, so i've shared my experience to ease others, less qualified or simply can't understand why it don't work, to think about another solution.

In all i could read, I saw here a dct error post (http://www.navitotal.com/navcores-9-for-tomtom-devices-f124/dct-error-t15020-15.html) where the trouble came from the OS (windows 8 for him) . I'm under Windows 7 64bits, maybe that could come from there, i don't know...(but i tried also compatibility mode for fastactivate as XP/vista but didn't worked neither)

Sorry for the external link but i tried to find an activator here and didn't find it :) due to many internal forum broken links leading to "the page doesn't exist anymore" or something like that...and i can't use url bbcodes in my posts :)

By the way thanks for the work performed to get all the stuff and support you all give!

cheers
zazalafouine offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom