Tomtom xxl turn on   

Tomtom xxl turn on

Postby fostes123 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi, i am new here i am hope we will have great time. Sorry for my nonperfect english.
I get xxl model as a gift. I dont know soo much so please put all advices you have.
I put usb and connect to pc, and then i go to update, it dont want to update at first, but after a couple of times it working. But, now i cant turn on normal, i get this screen every time even if its not conencted to pc. How to fix this?
Also I have a lot of other questions:
[Please Register or Login to download file]
1. Can i install newest maps?
2. Can i install serbian language?
3. Where to find maps?

Thanks a lot!
fostes123 offline

Re: Tomtom xxl turn on

Postby fredderf » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:38 pm

It looks like the update has corrupted the software on the device so it might be fixable as it is or you'll have to wipe it and start again

1. Plug it in to the PC and copy ALL of the files to a safe place as a backup
2. You can download the updated software for your device here: [Please Register or Login to download file]
3. Extract the software to your device overwriting everything it asks about
4. Hopefully that'll fix it and it will now turn on again properly (if not, delete all of the files on the device and extract the new software to the device & try it again)

Your questions:

1. Yes, you can install the latest maps in the space you have available on the device
2. The standard TomTom voices are available here but I don't think Serbian is available
3. The latest 1065 maps are available here
3a. Recommended map: Europe_East 1065_10690 (1.47GB)
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby fostes123 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Thank you soo much!!!
But i have another problem, when i put this to device, its go, but always stops.
Usually go to 80+percent and just stop. Advice?
And this is software that have only 35mb.
I cant imagine what will happen if i try to put map of 1.5 gb.
Edit: I delete all, and when put device to usb just get error message. I try to format, but i cant, help???????? :bs_quesexclaim:
Also, where i extract map? Should i just extract folder to device and thats all?

Help?
fostes123 offline

Postby fostes123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:15 am

Edit: I change cabel and now works good.
I put software and now i put map, but i dont have Voices folder. Should i just create Voices folder and put voices and thats all?
Edit, i put map you told me: 1065 10690, and i get this message, i just extract map to device:
Help?
My Device is XXL IQ Routes Edition.
fostes123 offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:07 pm

fostes123 wrote:Edit: I change cabel and now works good.
I put software and now i put map, but i dont have Voices folder. Should i just create Voices folder and put voices and thats all?
Edit, i put map you told me: 1065 10690, and i get this message, i just extract map to device:
Help?
My Device is XXL IQ Routes Edition.

Ok, good job...for info, the software you downloaded is the latest official TomTom operating system for your XXL direct from TomTom themselves

There is a separate thread on voices where everything is explained here

That is a different map from my recommendation, but it is your choice

The error message is quite normal, it is because you haven't activated the map or patched the device yet.
1. Download FastActivate from [Please Register or Login to download file] (PW: navitotal)
2. Extract it to the root of your XXL and run FastActivate.exe
3. Select option 2 to activate the map (you will see *.DCT = Ok message)
4. Select option 3 to patch the system to accept downloaded maps (wait a few moments and you will see patch successful message)
5. Done...disconnect and test

Extras. You can download the latest SpeedCams files from here
1. Extract the relevant countries SpeedCam files into the map folder on your XXL (DO NOT JUST EXTRACT ALL OF THEM OR YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS)
2. Run FastActivate.exe again and select option 2 to activate them

See [Please Register or Login to download file] for the map coverage at the bottom of the page
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby fostes123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Thank you, i will try right now.
I think i download map u told me, can u told if i not?
Do u think about this map: [Please Register or Login to download file] ?
Can you send me exact link you recoomend? What will happen if i put another 1065 10690 map as a mistake?
fostes123 offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:01 pm

fostes123 wrote:Thank you, i will try right now.
I think i download map u told me, can u told if i not?
Do u think about this map: [Please Register or Login to download file] ?
Can you send me exact link you recoomend? What will happen if i put another 1065 10690 map as a mistake?

Yes, that is the Europe East 1065.10690 (Inc. Russia) map I recommended...your error picture above shows Central and Eastern Europe (No Russia)

It is up to you which map you choose providing it will fit in the space available on your device and contains the countries you want...you can keep the Central and Eastern Europe if you don't want Russia? For best results, look at Poteo_Roke's map coverage document here

PS: It is good forum etiquette to thank members by clicking on the Thumbs icon (next to the quote button) on a members post
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby fostes123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Thank you, i decide to keep this map because i dont need Russia. If map you reccomend me that map you said is better quality i will download this map.
Right now i put all, and just go to street to test.
I will put root folder from device just to confirm that i have all i need to go trips.
fostes123 offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:48 pm

fostes123 wrote:Thanks, i do this and i get the message that sps signal was lost, i wait but it dont connect.
Should i go to walk with device, maybe than hw will connect?

That is quite normal after a big update...yes, take it for a drive/walk and it will get a satfix after a few minutes
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:53 pm

fostes123 wrote:Thank you, i decide to keep this map because i dont need Russia. If map you reccomend me that map you said is better quality i will download this map.
Right now i put all, and just go to street to test.
I will put root folder from device just to confirm that i have all i need to go trips.

Ok, no problem

No, all 1065.10690 maps are of the same quality, it is just the countries that are different. (1065.10690 maps are the best ones with all of the advanced features that your device can use)

Yes, it all looks good...you should take it for a drive to test it
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby fostes123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm

First i wish to thank you for your fast help and support!! Without you i will not make this, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I go to drive and it looks that map is looks good. Some things is a little annoying, but its probably because its old device.
1. He inform me about toll roads, its ok. But i cant see in that moment on map where toll roads is.
2. Where he find me route, i dont find a way to zoom on that moment to see if this route is great for me.
3. A lot places he told me that is unnamed street.
4. I want when i see route he choose, at least i see all cities on map.
fostes123 offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:00 pm

fostes123 wrote:First i wish to thank you for your fast help and support!! Without you i will not make this, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I go to drive and it looks that map is looks good. Some things is a little annoying, but its probably because its old device.
1. He inform me about toll roads, its ok. But i cant see in that moment on map where toll roads is.
2. Where he find me route, i dont find a way to zoom on that moment to see if this route is great for me.
3. A lot places he told me that is unnamed street.
4. I want when i see route he choose, at least i see all cities on map.

You're welcome...you can consider making a donation to help with the site costs and become a VIP member: donation.php

1. Look into the Change Preferences menu on the XXL...there you will find many settings on Toll roads etc
2. Same as answer 1. When route planning, choose from fastest route, shortest route etc etc
3. They are only unnamed street because of the map...TomTom needs to add those street names to their maps (nothing we can do about that)
4. Same as answer 1.

Yes, it is an older device but it is still very good and now fully up to date with latest software and map.
I think you should go through the settings and spend some time getting accustomed to your XXL

:thread_solved:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom