TomTom XXL IQ Routes - NavCore upgrade   

TomTom XXL IQ Routes - NavCore upgrade

Postby Razorblatter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:09 am

This one is gnawing at me.

I've got this XXL and TTHome gave it no further NavCore updates.
It's NC was 9.061, ApplicationVersion=576030.2.

I managed to install and activate a V915 map.

However somewhat later I did not succeed in restarting it properly.
I kept on rebooting afther showing the Splashw image.

I've tried some other 9-navcores but they resulted in a similar error.

Then I did a clean install which gave me TT Application for TT XXL TTS/XX 530S, v.8.550 as one and only NC.
This is working okay with less advanced map but this 64 MB device should, I think, be able to run better cards with higher NC.

Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.

Data:
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XXL IQ Routes
DeviceSerialNumber=RW

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8550
TTSystem 4810539 bytes, modified 30-10-2013 03:24
PNDNavigator 6682248 bytes, modified 30-10-2013 03:34
BootLoaderVersion=55279
RDS/TMC 'mctx.dat' size 44 bytes
CurrentMap=Benelux_910_4952
CurrentMapVersion=910.4952
HelpFileVersion = 20090617
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 am

Razorblatter wrote:this 64 MB device should, I think, be able to run better cards with higher NC.
Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.

Since you didn't bother to look for yourself, take a look @ V8 & V9 Navcores post 1.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 am

This started out as a straightforward map update thing but grew into a NC thing.

The official NavCore v9.510 is the problem; why doesn't it offer this or intervening NC?

I tried it installing it myself but it did not work.
I don't know how it ever got to the NC 9.061 before I began.
And, at this point, I don't know how to move on.

I found out that NC v9.061 is an update which solved a problem with freezing and rebooting of XXL en XL IQ Routes devices.

Okay, so that would make sense since it was running okay but with an old map beforehand.

But I suppose that if they tackled the problem with 9.061, they will take the problem into account with later updates.
Normally I dutifully install what application software TTH feeds me but now it's feeding me anything beyond 8.550.

Please give me your advice.

EDIT:
While waiting for your input, I've installed 9.510 and 9.510 SE.
Now it again is in a loop of booting, start screen, Change Language, Freeze and reboot.

Perhaps, maybe, possibly, I cracked the nut.
Here I found the procedure to navigate to a destination using 'Operate my device' via TT Home.
Silly or not, but it seems to have done the trick.
Now running 9.510 and Europe_South 915.5074.

I wouldn't have place a bet on it but it is working nicely now with three maps...
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Razorblatter wrote:EDIT:
While waiting for your input, I've installed 9.510 and 9.510 SE.
Now it again is in a loop of booting, start screen, Change Language, Freeze and reboot.

[color=red]Tomtom rebooting problem tips[/color]

Razorblatter wrote:Here I found the procedure to navigate to a destination using 'Operate my device' via TT Home.
Silly or not, but it seems to have done the trick.
Now running 9.510 and Europe_South 915.5074.

Operate my device is nothing but a emulation/simulation. There is not a tech reason or logical reason for navigating to a destination using 'Operate my device' via TT Home
to make any difference.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:12 am

I know it's at least peculiar that operating the device via TTH should cure this problem.

But it was not working before hand. Just kept on rebooting, freezing, rebooting.
I know the only thing I did was connecting it to the pc and navigating to a random address via the TTH emulation and then the problem was gone.

You might say there is not technical/logical reason for Operating my device should make any difference but it's funny that the first point in your linked TT rebooting problem tips refers to exactly that real solution with reference to the favourites problem.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:23 pm

The complete XL series is stuffed in terms of being user friendly and predictable.
That is the reason why I keep a dedicated version for them in my installers.
However, the behaviour you describe reminds me of an old "case".
Was an old XL and before the times of V9 Navcores...
User updated Navcore ans map in one go and after that the device acted similar to yours.
After that no even his previously working backups got the XL back to live.
Only thing that helped was deleting all, clear flash a few times and after that the full update procedure through Home.
The backups only orked again after removing all settings files.
If using the simulation helped, did you try to overwrite that working setup with a new Navcore so all settings made will remain?
Similar for adding a new map in such cases, leave the old one (if enough space), add the new map and after that switch to it through the menu.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 pm

Razorblatter wrote:You might say there is not technical/logical reason for Operating my device should make any difference but it's funny that the first point in your linked TT rebooting problem tips refers to exactly that real solution with reference to the favourites problem.

Point 1 is a whole different procedure, than what you did!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 am

With all due respect:

"...connect your Tomtom to TT H and use "operate my Go" to manually add a favorite - you can choose any address you like.
Exit and restart your TomTom, which now has a rewritten "mapsettings.cfg" file.

This isn't a whole different procedure.

I might add that when a few times it started up and I got in the Setup mode in which I had to enter the interface language, voice, time and a few other things. After that it froze again.
My settings were not saved.

So Operate my Device may well have enabled/corrected some basic configuration file or even the same mapsettings.dat which was just the kick it needed.
I can imagine your hesitations but I was also baffled to see that it worked immediately after I did it.

&quot wrote:If using the simulation helped, did you try to overwrite that working setup with a new Navcore so all settings made will remain?
Similar for adding a new map in such cases, leave the old one (if enough space), add the new map and after that switch to it through the menu.

Because I was only offered the first NC via TTH I manually installed the later (two) updates up to 9.510.
The device did not worked at that point.
Operating it via TTH just did the trick and it worked with the one installed map.
After that I installed two other small maps and Bob was my uncle.:distrust:
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom