TomTom XXL IQ routes - computer voices   

TomTom XXL IQ routes - computer voices

Postby milovisk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi

I am rather new to all this and am trying to get computer voices to work on my device but without much luck.

I have App 9.053.520930.2 and UK ROI map v855.2884

I have copied the loquendo tts folder onto my device but the computer voices do not show up in the menu

I also tried installing them through TOMTOM Home but I just get the message "You cannot use this feature because it is not supported by your device"

Is there any way to get this to work?

Thanks in advance
milovisk offline

Postby djc151084 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:18 pm

milovisk wrote:Hi

I am rather new to all this and am trying to get computer voices to work on my device but without much luck.

I have App 9.053.520930.2 and UK ROI map v855.2884

I have copied the loquendo tts folder onto my device but the computer voices do not show up in the menu

I also tried installing them through TOMTOM Home but I just get the message "You cannot use this feature because it is not supported by your device"

Is there any way to get this to work?

Thanks in advance

Where did you download the voices too , use these voices here there is instructions in the post http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?923-VOICES-LoquendoTTS-v7-%28X30%29
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby milovisk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Just doesn't seem to work, everytime I try to install computer voices I it just seems to corrupt my device, I get all strange characters in the filenames and the device won't boot anymore. It also won't let me access or delete the corrupt files.

Reformatted 3 times now and same each time.

If I just install navcore, map and safety cams everything works fine.
milovisk offline

Postby djc151084 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 pm

milovisk wrote:Just doesn't seem to work, everytime I try to install computer voices I it just seems to corrupt my device, I get all strange characters in the filenames and the device won't boot anymore. It also won't let me access or delete the corrupt files.

create a file in the root of your device called model.txt and inside put x40 then try and download through tt home again
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 pm

milovisk wrote:Just doesn't seem to work, everytime I try to install computer voices I it just seems to corrupt my device, I get all strange characters in the filenames and the device won't boot anymore. It also won't let me access or delete the corrupt files.

What voices do you want?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby milovisk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:04 am

I wrote x40 in notepad and saved it as model.txt in the root folder.
When I connect to TomTom home compuer voices are still not available to download
milovisk offline

Postby djc151084 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 am

milovisk wrote:I wrote x40 in notepad and saved it as model.txt in the root folder.
When I connect to TomTom home compuer voices are still not available to download

hmmm ... answer tendrivers Question above first please
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby milovisk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 am

Sorry I missed that reply, I just want a computer voice for spoken street names I think the male one is Simon.

As said above I have donloaded these firdtly from XXXXXXX and then from here but when I try to install them onto the device they just get corrupted and then the device stops working. (Keeps rebooting in a loop)

If I try to delete them or overwrite them it just won't allow it , so I have to format my disk and start all over again. For some reason TomTom home says that Computer Voices are not compatible with my device
milovisk offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

milovisk wrote:Sorry I missed that reply, I just want a computer voice for spoken street names I think the male one is Simon.

As said above I have donloaded these firdtly from XXXXXXX and then from here but when I try to install them onto the device they just get corrupted and then the device stops working. (Keeps rebooting in a loop)

If I try to delete them or overwrite them it just won't allow it , so I have to format my disk and start all over again. For some reason TomTom home says that Computer Voices are not compatible with my device

Download this Simon folder: [Please Register or Login to download file] Unzip the .rar. Open TT Home & go to Tools, Home preferences, Folders. Notice the path for Downloads. Mine is C:\Users\My Name\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\loquendovoice. Copy the unzipped folder here. Try to install the voice with TT Home.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby milovisk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:33 pm

I did the above although there was no folder called loquendovoice, I made a folder and copied it into there but I still get the same message in TT Home
milovisk offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm

milovisk wrote:I did the above although there was no folder called loquendovoice, I made a folder and copied it into there but I still get the same message in TT Home

To to TT Home, Manage my GO, Items on computer, & open voices. Is Simon listed There?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby milovisk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 pm

It is listed there but underneath in red it says "This item cannot be installed on your device"
milovisk offline

Postby djc151084 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:00 pm

i will cease to help out any further in this thread because i have been informed that you are recieving help from another forum, this is a Quality controll mesaure i can not help you unless i know all the facts and how can i know all the facts if you are recieving help from another forum

sorry
djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby milovisk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:39 pm

I am not receiving help anymore the other forum, I got to a point yesterday where I got stuck and couldn't be helped any further and I even mentioned that I had been to that forum above as you put xxxxxxxx where I mentioned it, this was because nobody knew the answer and it was recommended that I come here as there may be more expertise here.
I did not know of this forum before then and have been very happy with the help that you are trying to give me.

The last help I received was before I joined here and have done nothing else apart from what you have suggested. I hope that this explains things and you continue with your valued assistance.
milovisk offline

Postby milovisk » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 pm

djc151084 wrote:i will cease to help out any further in this thread because i have been informed that you are recieving help from another forum, this is a Quality controll mesaure i can not help you unless i know all the facts and how can i know all the facts if you are recieving help from another forum

sorry
djc

I think thew main reason is that this issue is not possible to solve. Thanks to those who have helped me by PM but this is a question that nobody has the expertise yet to answer maybe only TomTom themselves. I have been very open here and have never received firther help elsewhere since opening this thread here so I'm just sorry that me being a member elsewhere is used as an excuse for not knowing the amswer. I would rather people just be honest with me.
milovisk offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom