TomTom Via   

TomTom Via

Postby 5id3n » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:46 am

Hello!

So I have a bit of a query for all you smarter than me out there - I have a TomTom Via 52 (I think thats what its called) and I want to completely change what is on there. Now - hear me out - Its a touchscreen computer so I was wondering if its possible somehow to put some sort of software on it that would make it act as a sort of in car display (only with like a few buttons but mainly the clock really and the car logo or something). I have absolutely no idea where to start. I did some googleing and found that old old tomtoms could be hacked and a media player put on there so something like that, just something that I could put on there and leave in the dash of my car to make it look a bit more modern with a screen. Any help is appreciated as I really dont know what Im doing when it comes to things like this. Thanks very much! 
5id3n offline

Re: TomTom Via

Postby holyhead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:55 am

5id3n wrote:Hello!

So I have a bit of a query for all you smarter than me out there - I have a TomTom Via 52 (I think thats what its called) and I want to completely change what is on there. Now - hear me out - Its a touchscreen computer so I was wondering if its possible somehow to put some sort of software on it that would make it act as a sort of in car display (only with like a few buttons but mainly the clock really and the car logo or something). I have absolutely no idea where to start. I did some googleing and found that old old tomtoms could be hacked and a media player put on there so something like that, just something that I could put on there and leave in the dash of my car to make it look a bit more modern with a screen. Any help is appreciated as I really dont know what Im doing when it comes to things like this. Thanks very much!

Unfortunately, nothing is possible the only thing you can do is buy a new map that's all.

tutorials/important-note-for-new-tomtom-models-like-via-start20-t8690.html

:thread_solved:
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom