Tomtom traffic TMC receiver problems   

Tomtom traffic TMC receiver problems

Postby horsedentist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Lads

I have a 710 running 9026 navcore and 880 maps.

I cannot get it to connect to traffic on a TMC ariel The TMC unit is the 013 version small egg shaped receiver approx 8 inches from the plug and about 3 feet of arial.

I tried it as a stand alone unit and no reception with the arial inside or outside the vehicle so I patched the arial lead to the centre core of the car arial and still nothing.

When you switch the sat nav on it says connected to rds but all I get is the car symbol with a green arrow revolving round it.

I have tried a reset and tried turning unit on and off still the same result.

I have just had a thought here, does anyone know if the contents of the ttgo.bif have any bearings on wether the tmc works or not?
horsedentist offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

horsedentist wrote:I have just had a thought here, does anyone know if the contents of the ttgo.bif have any bearings on wether the tmc works or not?

No, the ttgo.bif is just an inventory of the contents of your unit.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby fairytooth » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 am

I am assuming you are in the UK.

If you have the green arrow and car symbol the TMC/RDS is being recognised by your 710. Enter a destination (somewhere busy like London)

You need to be outside and patient (in the car is good) If you are in the UK the signal should appear quite quickly but could take several minutes. Some Renaults and other French cars with heating elements in the screen prevent the TMC signal getting to the aerial. Eventually the green arrow should become a green circle.
fairytooth offline

Postby horsedentist » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 am

Hi NT

I think I might have found the problem, but I still don't know how to fix it. I unplugged the tmc unit but the sat nav still says it is there? If I just mount the sat nav in the dock and switch it on without the tmc unit plugged in it starts searching (green arrow ) so it appears I have the phantom tmc device problem that I noticed mentioned in another navcore update thread. Any idea how to block it anyone?
EC
horsedentist offline

Postby horsedentist » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Ok folks all fixed and working fine swapped out the mctx file for an earlier one 2008.
Thanks for the suggestions.
EC
horsedentist offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanx for the update.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom