TomTom start 20 help needed.   

TomTom start 20 help needed.

Postby kpboen » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:39 am

Hello.
Im new to this and purchased my first used Tomtom yesterday. My unit comes with europe maps v 905. I have been readig around, but cant find what to do to update it with later maps. Do i need a update sw, what is meta code, can i brick my tomtom with this, etc.? A nice step by step would be nice :)

Br
KP
kpboen offline

Re: TomTom start 20 help needed.

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:28 am

Read this (<- click)

Basically you bought yourself a wrong device.
Well, the Start 20 is not a bad device but it can only be updated via MyDrive, TomTom.

You might have a chance that your Start 20 is really a Start 20M, where the M stands for LifeTime Maps. That's a bit unlikely but not impossible because some people don't know what they've got or never get around getting what they are entitled to.

You also have a chance that your device has a right to a newer (not newest) map and that it will be offered to you.

If you need to buy a new map, you can wait for a time when TT offers 30 or 40% discount. Like they have done for about a month before last week.

In all cases you'll have to go to [Please Register or Login to download file] , get the MyDrive software and register your device.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom