TomTom Start 55 constantly looping a reboot . . .   

TomTom Start 55 constantly looping a reboot . . .

Postby donaldbalk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have come as TomTom support can't seem to answer questions and get my TomTom Start working properly. What I have is a TomTom Start 55 running version 9.510 of the software. I've tried everything from reformatting and reinstalling to installing a brand new battery inside it but yet the device continues to start up and after exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds reboots itself to the disclaimer legal notice screen. I've tried setting up a destination to keep the device busy but no it still reboots no matter what. It never has done this before whenever we used it in the past but after updating it once it's gone bad. Any ideas how to get my device working again?? I know there is someone out there who might have the answer that the support people struggle to give. Please help . . .

Cheers,

Donald
donaldbalk offline

Re: TomTom Start 55 constantly looping a reboot . . .

Postby holyhead » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Is there a file mapsettings.cfg in your map. If so remove this to your PC and start the 55 again. Maybe the problem is solved.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Re: TomTom Start 55 constantly looping a reboot . . .

Postby donaldbalk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Found that file and deleted but sadly NOPE it still goes into a reboot after 1 minute 30 seconds.
donaldbalk offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom