Tomtom start 45tm issues   

Tomtom start 45tm issues

Postby c0mputer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:57 pm

My friend game me this gps to fix it and use it. But he said it’s not working right now - it starts but it is indeed stuck at start up cogwheel thingy and wouldn’t move beyond that :(

Reset and other things doesn’t work as he had tried it too.

I know that this tomtom was connected to a business ps with highly secure encryption and whatever got connected to it become encrypted for some reason. At lest that’s what he told me.

How do I un-encrypt this gps drive and make it work again.
c0mputer offline

Re: Tomtom start 45tm issues

Postby fredderf » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:38 pm

This is one of the newer models that can't be accessed via the normal means so all you can do is to try the recovery process as recommended by TomTom [Please Register or Login to download file]

If that doesn't work, either send it back to TT for repair or bin it....personally I'd bin it
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby c0mputer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm

he he he . the box was from his new tomtom which is 45tm and he has his old tomtom given it to me . lol! its tomtom 4ET03 not sure how would i put new maps in it . i have old maps loaded now with the help of tomtom home . but needs something new . but i had to follow exactly your post to figure out that it took TThome and not the TTmydrive
c0mputer offline

Postby fredderf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Aah...that's different

Ok, the best thing to do is to read the tutorial
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby fredderf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Actually, this one should be easy as I assume you're looking for Canada & Alaska and there is only one map that can be activated so:

1. Backup your current setup to a safe place
2. Download Canada Alaska 995.8549 = 181MB from [Please Register or Login to download file] (PW: navitotal)
3. Once downloaded, delete your old map from your device and replace it with the new map you've downloaded & extracted
4. Now to activate....download FastActivate from here and extract it to the root of your device.
5. Run FastActivate from that location and select options 2 & 3 (waiting for successful messages each time)
6. Done.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom