TOMTOM XL 2 IQ routes FastActivate Voice not working   

TOMTOM XL 2 IQ routes FastActivate Voice not working

Postby bigc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi all,

I have a new tomtom XL 2 IQ routes (model 4ET03). So far I've used tomtom home to update to latest map and corrections and all seems fine. I wanted to use some of the downloaded voices I have so copied the homer files to the 'voice' folder on my tomtom, then downloaded FastActivate 26.12.2010 copied to root and ran. Everything went though ok, got latest meta.txt, it found and patched voice files. But when I reboot my tomtom and try and select the new voice I can't see it in the list??

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers,

C
bigc offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 pm

bigc wrote:Can anyone shed any light?

Yep. You must also patch the navcore. The map should have been patched when you ran FastActivate to patch the voice. You can confirm this by looking for a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bigc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks for the quick response...

I've downloaded the latest Navcore and Home DLL for my device (from http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?907-Latest-Navcores) and extracted to my tomtom and overwritten all files. I then re-ran fastactivate, checked all the .dct files were created in maps and voices folder but I still can't see the voices. I take it theer must be something else I need to do to patch the navcore?

Cheers,

C
bigc offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:19 pm

bigc wrote:Thanks for the quick response...

I've downloaded the latest Navcore and Home DLL for my device (from http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?907-Latest-Navcores) and extracted to my tomtom and overwritten all files. I then re-ran fastactivate, checked all the .dct files were created in maps and voices folder but I still can't see the voices. I take it theer must be something else I need to do to patch the navcore?

Cheers,

C

What voices are in the voices folder?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bigc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi,

Its the Homer voice data110, contains files: .bmp, .chk, .tlv, .vif, the new .dct and a meta.txt
bigc offline

Postby djc151084 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 am

bigc wrote:Hi,

Its the Homer voice data110, contains files: .bmp, .chk, .tlv, .vif, the new .dct and a meta.txt

If the voice has the newly created corrosponding .dct then it should work, so you have a diffrent problem underlying, what navcore is on your unit is it the standerd navcore for your unit and are you using the SE ttsystem to match ? or have you self-patchd your own ttsystem file?
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom