TomTom XL IQ Routes Europe V2 - Navcore With Full Menus?   

TomTom XL IQ Routes Europe V2 - Navcore With Full Menus?

Postby 356speedster » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:42 am

As the title says really. For the last few weeks, I've been trying to help a friend get a navcore with proper "full" menus onto his XL IQ V2. We've been trying to get SE 9.101 from ([color="Red"]NO LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS PLEASE ALSO SOFTWARE NOT DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE ARE NOT SUPPORTED HERE, THIS IS A QUALITY CONTROL MEASURE! djc151084[/color]) working on it and have managed to get everything rocking, except for voices. Only the "ori" model setting will allow the TT to give voice guidance, all others are silent. I've just tried SE 9.024 from this site, but unfortunately, the device just its there at the TomTom startup screen doing nothing.

As such, I think it's time to try another approach..... maybe there's a navcore out there (std or SE, it doesn't matter) that will allow the XL to give voice guidance and have the proper menus. What do the group think? Is there anyone out there who's managed to get an XL to work properly with full menus on an alternative navcore? If so, speak now or forever hold your peace, LOL!!

Thanks for your help.

Device = XL IQ V2
Boot = 5.5244
Map = Western & Central Europe 2GB - 845.2645
356speedster offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:06 am

Have you tried the new navcore 9.103 with the X SE ttsystem from the "Latest Navcore" thread
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 356speedster » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 am

djc151084 wrote:Have you tried the new navcore 9.103 with the X SE ttsystem from my "Latest Navcore" thread

Hi DJC - sory about the reference to the "other site", I just wanted to let you know what I'd tried!

Regarding 9.103 as a std navcore from TT (i.e. updated thru' HOME), it still has the rubbish sort menus.... does your version replace these with the full menus?

Asuming it does, I see you have 3 different XL 9.103 files on your thread, plus the X TTSystem...... what do I need to download and what the the correct install procedure pls?

Many thanks for your help!
356speedster offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 am

If home offers you the update you can accept it [SIZE="1"](or use [Please Register or Login to download file] )[/size] and then use [url=X_ttsystem.9.103.539753][SIZE="1"]X_ttsystem.9.103.539753[/size][/url] , Then you can change the emulation using the file "model.txt" in the root and see if you get the old menus, failing this try 1 of the older v9 navcores like 9.001 along with the SE ttsystem file. try what i have said and come back here to inform us of how you got on, thanks

Seems there is a lot of people unhappy about this new simpler menu, maybee tomtom will change this soon

356speedster wrote:Hi DJC - sory about the reference to the "other site", I just wanted to let you know what I'd tried!

Regarding 9.103 as a std navcore from TT (i.e. updated thru' HOME), it still has the rubbish sort menus.... does your version replace these with the full menus?

Asuming it does, I see you have 3 different XL 9.103 files on your thread, plus the X TTSystem...... what do I need to download and what the the correct install procedure pls?

Many thanks for your help!
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 356speedster » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 am

djc151084 wrote:If home offers you the update you can accept it [SIZE="1"](or use [Please Register or Login to download file] )[/size] and then use [url=X_ttsystem.9.103.539753][SIZE="1"]X_ttsystem.9.103.539753[/size][/url] , Then you can change the emulation using the file "model.txt" in the root and see if you get the old menus, failing this try 1 of the older v9 navcores like 9.001 along with the SE ttsystem file. try what i have said and come back here to inform us of how you got on, thanks

Seems there is a lot of people unhappy about this new simpler menu, maybee tomtom will change this soon

Well, I had Home do the upgrade to 9.103, then copied over the contents of X TTSystem... using model.txt and switching betwen x40, x40light, x50 and ori, I get the following behaviour: ori = voices work, short menus. x40, x40light, x50 = no voices, but I do get proper menus on x40 & x50.

This is the same behaviour I had on SE 9.101 from the "other site" :(

The short menus are pointless for anything other than basic navigation, I'm amazed that TT continues to push them. Likewise, I'm baffled as to why voices don't work on these nice SE navcores that give back the funcitonality we all miss!!

Any other XL IQ V2 users out there having these problems?? Have you managed to solve them??
356speedster offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Please try this : 425
Unpack to the root of your device and confirm the overwrite.
Check again if you can use voices in X40 and X50.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby 356speedster » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Please try this : 425
Unpack to the root of your device and confirm the overwrite.
Check again if you can use voices in X40 and X50.

Again, fail. The TT works fine, but still no voices!! If I switch the EMU to "ori", the voices are fine, but in other modes, it's all quiet. Very strange!
356speedster offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Ok as a last try : [Please Register or Login to download file] .
This is a DSA Navcore where you can change the Emulation over the menu - no switchfiles.
Remove all from the device except the LoquendoTTS folder, the voices folder and your map folder.
Unpack the archive to the root of your device - confirm to overwrite!
After the first start the device will reboot once - that is normal and should not be interrupted.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby 356speedster » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Well, bad news, that doesn't work either!!

I restored the TT back to it's original factory 9.101 config and connected to Home. Accepted the update to 9.103 and e-booted. TT works as "factory", so has voices and short menus. As per your instructions, I deleted all folders except the Map, LoquendoTTS & Voice folders. Then extracted the ZIP archive onto the TT. Rebooted and it works as you describe, except once again no voice!!

It's completely mad that when running in std config (or 9.103 SE config with Model = ori), voices work fine, but on anything else, it's silent!! Absolutely mad. Stupid device. If he hadn't thrown the box away as soon as he bought it, I'd have told him to take it back!!
356speedster offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:06 am

Sorry to hear that, but it seems that some of the new models have some form of hardware protection, or the emulations are not working for other model ID's on these devices.
You have tried all solutions that I would know.
The only thing left would be to try other Navcores in the hope of some change, but I doubt it will work better.
We need a new hack for a ttsystem that works or a new form of patching for the new models.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Andre_Berends » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 pm

this might help:

Add "SdkRegistry" (without the quotes) folder in the root of your TOMTOM and create a filename "tomtom.mnu" (again, without the quotes).
Open the tomtom.mnu file in a simple text editor and paste the next text in it:

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1| Just a Filler|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_PREF|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2| Navigation|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_AVOID_ROUTE_LINE|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIRM_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3| Route|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4| POIs-Favorites|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE5| Preferences|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOLUME|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PROMPT|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COMPASS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_TOLL|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PLANTYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE6|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE6| Information|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_SOUND|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_GPS_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_ABOUT|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_TIPS|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|

This should do the trick. Only one disadvantage is you have to tap the screen on 'OK' to start enter a route.

Good luck!
Cheers, André
Andre_Berends offline

Postby 356speedster » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Cheers Andre... I've actually done that (found the info on another site last week) and it works a treat! It's a shame some of the commands aren't available via this little back door (TT protects some of them like speedcameras for some reason), but it does the job as a stop gap.
356speedster offline

Postby Andre_Berends » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Last week I have bought the TT XL2 IQ Routes Edition (Europe), and was initially a bit disapointed with the simplified menu structure.
I found this trick somewhere on a Dutch forum.

Now I have to figure out if the speedcams do work in this thing. If not: to bad :wallbash:
I can use this, since I am a taxi driver here, and a TOMTOM is a very usefull tool!
Andre_Berends offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 am

Andre_Berends wrote:Now I have to figure out if the speedcams do work in this thing. If not: to bad :wallbash:
I can use this, since I am a taxi driver here, and a TOMTOM is a very usefull tool!

Speedcams will work , see the Latest speedcams thread [color="red"]HERE[/color]
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Andre_Berends » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:39 am

For some unknown reason, after activating the speedcams, my (legally purchased) map does not work any more...
Any change to activate the speedams only, and not the map?
Andre_Berends offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom