TomTom XL Problem   

TomTom XL Problem

Postby klazpt » Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 am

I have a TT XL IQ Routes Europe Edition
Navcore SE 9.150.XXX

Was working normaly and i had just finished to install the new map 870.3406 and was about to disconnect it (had already activated map) when my cat passed running crazy and took the cable off from PC (cable which connects TT to pc).

Device was ON and showing the usual screen like when it's connected to the pc and i just used the OFF / ON button to turn it off. That's when the problem started:

It was a pain to get it OFF. Took a long time because it was stucked. Then, first it showed the welcome screen, and again stucked. Finally went off.

When trying to get it ON again first stucked on the welcome screen, then just showing it all green. After a few minutes, tried the smooth reset but untill now it stills the same.

I turn it ON and it goes to the welcome screen and gives a sound like a drum (it's not usual when it's working propperly), then gets stucked there. When i try to turn it OFF, it takes a long time, then again the screen turns to green untill after insist on pushing the OFF / On button, it goes off.

If i connect it (in ON mode and showing the welcome screen) to the pc, pc doesn't reconizes it showing no new drive (would be TT drive)

Any ideas how to fix it?
klazpt offline

Postby tendriver » Mon May 23, 2011 1:35 am

1. Was working normaly and i had just finished to install the new map 870.3406 and was about to disconnect it (had already activated map) when my cat passed running crazy and took the cable off from PC (cable which connects TT to pc).

2. Device was ON and showing the usual screen like when it's connected to the pc and i just used the OFF / ON button to turn it off. That's when the problem started:

1. Hopefully you just have a improper disconnect issue. Try a hard reset for at least 30 seconds.

2. This was your mistake. Had you not turned it off, it should have rebooted with no harm done.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mr. Anderson » Mon May 23, 2011 1:45 am

can you post your device data (see my signature)?!
[Please Register or Login to download file] | NC 9.530/9.702 | BL 5.5279 | MAP 9xx a. a.
Mr. Anderson offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 23, 2011 3:51 am

Connect to the PC, do the hard reset as suggested and than turn the TT on.
It should now connect to the PC right away and show up as a drive.
Do a checkdisk on it as you have got lost or damaged sectors due to the sudden disconnect.
If worse come to worse delete all from the device a do a clean install.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby klazpt » Mon May 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Tendrive
Downunder35m

Thanks but none of those worked.
I can connect TT to pc if i turn it ON while it's connected to pc. Even TT home reconizes my device and downloads mapshare updates, etc. But that is all.

Out from pc, i turn it ON, it shows the splash screen whit TT logo, then shows a normal screen like loading (as it used to), then back to TT logo and stucks there.

To turn it OFF, it takes ages pressing the button untill it goes all green, then turns OFF.

It seems like i need to delete it all and put all stuff back in again, correct?

UPDATE

Well, this is weird but...

When i was right about to delete all TT content, i first decided to try something more. So, i deleted the new 870 map folder, and from backup i put previous 865 map folder back to TT.

Turn TT OFF, disconnected from pc, then just for a chance, i turned it back ON. Wonder.. TT was back to work!!!

This is really weird thing.

So, my TT is now OK and working again.

I'm gonna try once more the 870 and will see what happens this time.

Many thanks guys for your support
klazpt offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 24, 2011 2:50 am

klazpt wrote:1. When i was right about to delete all TT content, i first decided to try something more. So, i deleted the new 870 map folder, and from backup i put previous 865 map folder back to TT.

Turn TT OFF, disconnected from pc, then just for a chance, i turned it back ON. Wonder.. TT was back to work!!!

2. I'm gonna try once more the 870 and will see what happens this time.

Many thanks guys for your support

1. The new map installation was not quite finished at the time of the accidential disconnect, which corrupted some files.

2. LOCK UP THE CAT FIRST, & you should not have any more problems.

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby klazpt » Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

tendriver wrote:1. The new map installation was not quite finished at the time of the accidential disconnect, which corrupted some files.

2. LOCK UP THE CAT FIRST, & you should not have any more problems.

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome".

LOL Tendrive,´i sure will lock the cat next time :-)

Thanks to all Navitotal Team.

(can close the thread if you wish)
klazpt offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 24, 2011 5:46 pm

klazpt wrote:Thanks to all Navitotal Team.

Again, the TT Team sez, "You are Welcome". Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom