[SOLVED] TomTom ONE XL HD Traffic - Fail To Update   

Re: TomTom ONE XL HD Traffic - Fail To Update

Postby jecepede » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 am

Aloha !

Well I guess I finally solved it... Well solved-ish...

I used it yesterday on a trip of almost an hour. First I ran into road constructions and it kept recalculating my route.
Then at the destination I turned it off for half an hour and after that I used it to go to a restaurant nearby. 15 mins drive.
It found the restaurant flawlessly. Then from the restaurant back home. Again an hour of driving with about half of the trip on the highway, the other half in the two cities.

Today I took it with me to the municipal office, I had some business there but left it off on purpose.
On the way back I turned it on again and it had 5 sattellites in about two mins and worked like a charm.

After I came home, I had it display a demo-route from New York NY to San Francisco CA for half an hour.
It did not crash. After half an hour it stopped due to an empty battery...

The verdict.... "Well, one balloon makes no party yet".
Which means I have to test it some more but it seems it is working like it should.
I will keep you posted and change the title of this thread to [SOLVED].

- - -

But what did I do ???
Well, here is what I did : Random Tinkering

One :
I formatted the SD card and the Internal memory again and did a bad sector check on both of them, again.
And again, I did not found any weird things.

Two :
The SD-Card, an old eight Gb micro SdHc (2) Card, uses an adaptor.
I already had the adaptor loose it's 'grip' once when the card was in my PC so I switched out the adaptor.

Three :
Opened it Up and cleaned everything with a bit of IPA.
I did notice someone inserted the SIM-card up-side-down. Changed that as well and now
the famous DIGGY-DIG-DIGGY-DIG-DIGGY-DIG-sound is audible over my PC-speakers.
HD-Traffic will not work, TomTom has retired the system entirely, but hey; at least it can't give weird errors either...

Four :
Updated the BootLoader from 5.5.022 to v5.5138
Just to be sure the 8Gb is really supported.

Five :
Used the Clear-Flash Tool
Still a weird tool. It does not actually install (or do ?) anything but I can see the TT's disk-activity indicator on the screen.

Six :
I searched and downloaded a NavCore version v8.010 like suggested
Unfortunatly not from this site. Although I think it is the same or at least based on the one mentioned earlier in this post.

For those of you who are curious or interested, here is a Torrent-Link :
Code: Select all
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:08121B7A7537EC304389908860270B764A280BAE&dn=NavCore%20v8.010%20%289369-080529%29-190943%20-%20Patched.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Seven :
And finally, I downloaded "Europe v1055.10415" and "USA Canada v1055.10386"
With the help of Fast-Actived I, well, I activated the maps and voila, that was it...

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers,

Jecepede
jecepede offline

User avatar Junior Member

Re: TomTom ONE XL HD Traffic - Fail To Update

Postby fredderf » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:38 pm

Hmmm, I can't see anything there that would make much of a difference apart from possibly the SIM card being fitted upside down

Anyway, you've got it working so it's all good

:thread_solved:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Previous

Return to General Discussions about TomTom