Tomtom one xl text to speech   

Tomtom one xl text to speech

Postby nakamoniel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm

OK, i just updated my tomtom one xl ( 1gb internal memory) with newest navcore and maps. All working just fine ( many many thanks to all the people here who put together such nice work). but my primary reason to do so was to enable text to speech. There is no tts there yet. How do i enable TTS on this tomtom one xl device? I read thru 11 pages full of forums here before posting my message, If there is a true way to enable TTS on this device ( even if it needs modding instead of just clicking on couple .exe's) can some one post it please.
Feel free to PM me too.
Thanks.
-
nakamoniel offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 pm

nakamoniel wrote:OK, i just updated my tomtom one xl ( 1gb internal memory) with newest navcore and maps. All working just fine ( many many thanks to all the people here who put together such nice work). but my primary reason to do so was to enable text to speech. There is no tts there yet. How do i enable TTS on this tomtom one xl device? I read thru 11 pages full of forums here before posting my message, If there is a true way to enable TTS on this device ( even if it needs modding instead of just clicking on couple .exe's) can some one post it please.
Feel free to PM me too.
Thanks.
-

Since we discourage double posting of the same topic, your other post has been deleted.

An ONE XL has 32MB of RAM memory. LoquendoTTS needs 64MB to run properly. You can try [color=red]VOICES VocalizerTTS[/color], which are storage memory hogs.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby woge » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello,
Which Map did you use for your XL ONE? (only 1gig memory). I only seem to see 1.5gb+ maps.
I found the navcore 8.412 but not proper maps for N. America...thanks
woge offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm

woge wrote:Hello,
Which Map did you use for your XL ONE? (only 1gig memory). I only seem to see 1.5gb+ maps.
I found the navcore 8.412 but not proper maps for N. America...thanks

No DOUBLE POSTING please. Your other post has been deleted.

Any and all 865 maps that are available, can be found in post 1 of this thread. There isn't a North America map that will fit on 1GB. You need a United States map.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom